Need a good laptop

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)---> 40,000(max)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?---> (d)
a. Netbook; 10” screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).----> india

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: dell, hp, sony
b. Dislike: lenovo, acer, hcl

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? ---> graphics apps, development, entertainment, gaming

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? ----> mobility

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? ----> FPS games like Call of Duty 6

8) How many hours of battery life do you need? ----> maximum available on 6-cell battery

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? ----> would like to see before purchasing it

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.------> win7

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?----> decent for gaming

pauldmps

Banned
This is a bad time for laptop shopping. The sandy-bridge laptops are coming within a mothe so I'll recommend that you wait.

For your immediate need, customise one of these with 1GB ATI HD5650 GPU

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

OR

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

OP

Broken In
@paul.....thanks for ur reply. I want to know if the laptops with SB will be available under my budget? When would dell be launching its SB laptops?

I have heard some bad reviews about inspiron battery life with multimedia and gaming contents. Any idea why is so?

thanks

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Sandy Bridge lappy's are now becoming available slowly, I saw a SB from Lenovo which is the Lenovo Z570...
But i have to still check out its reviews....
I am also in for puchasing a lappy now but waiting for Sandy Bridge to be available fully here...Let's see what happens..

OP

Broken In
As my budget is low, so does it make sense to wait for SB? I am reluctant to buy Lenovo lappy.

OP

Broken In
Thnx paul....i confirmed with a dell dealer and he said it will be available by 1st april. Hope it will not cost more than those of present.

Top Bottom