Multiplayer Via WLAN?

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
What's happening forum :lol:
i want to play games like counter strike and Most wanted via lan,but i dont want exactly a physical wiring.
Can i make a host for example My PC will host the game and every one will join me via wifi and we can play Multiplayer without any physical lan hub and wiring?

gameranand

Living to Play
What's happening forum :lol:
i want to play games like counter strike and Most wanted via lan,but i dont want exactly a physical wiring.
Can i make a host for example My PC will host the game and every one will join me via wifi and we can play Multiplayer without any physical lan hub and wiring?

Yes you can. No problems at all, works flawlessly.

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Yes you can. No problems at all, works flawlessly.

Really Can you state me any software like the above guy did?
like connectify is there any How-to for it?
I Mean we have our college room in vicnity.
so i will be the host and every one will connect me with wifi

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Simplest and easiest way is to get an android phone, tether your phone without turning on 3G..
Connect all laptops to that android AP and set up server in one, the server should appear automatically on the other laptops through join panel
Connectify will do exactly that, it will allow you to set up a pc as a wireless tether, so others can join BUT I dont think the laptop tethering via Connectify will be able to join or host server..
An even better option is to get a wifi router or connect to your hostel's wifi and setting up server there

gameranand

Living to Play
Really Can you state me any software like the above guy did?
like connectify is there any How-to for it?
I Mean we have our college room in vicnity.
so i will be the host and every one will connect me with wifi

If Win 7 then follow this
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

If Win 8 then follow this
Create WiFi Hotspot For Windows 8/8.1/7 By Command Prompt ! Windows 8.1

All connect to this network.
After this one guy host the server for the game and remaining guys join in the server. Easy peasy.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Try this Tutorial

Let me just show you my interface. Quite easy IMO. Now I could not try it with other Laptop because I don't have any. So you must give this a try. I played CS and AoE2 a few years back but I never needed any software to connect. I just used the default Windows ad hoc network to join and it worked like a charm.

So here, have a look at the interface before going through the above tutorial

*i.imgur.com/imVUMuw.png *i.imgur.com/z1nNaLx.png *i.imgur.com/HDTIvyn.png

*i.imgur.com/vGlROCv.png *i.imgur.com/0uwC2gY.png *i.imgur.com/abBF5x1.png

*i.imgur.com/DL8Bpdo.png *i.imgur.com/cLgaYQn.png

This was just to show you how to share an internet connection. The steps will remain same except where you have to select the network, you will select the network which you wish to share. You can have many clients, as my phone wasn't connected it was showing zero clients. Now go connect and try making a LAN for whatever game you wish to play.

That Android tethering is another easy option.

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Try this Tutorial

Let me just show you my interface. Quite easy IMO. Now I could not try it with other Laptop because I don't have any. So you must give this a try. I played CS and AoE2 a few years back but I never needed any software to connect. I just used the default Windows ad hoc network to join and it worked like a charm.

So here, have a look at the interface before going through the above tutorial

*i.imgur.com/imVUMuw.png *i.imgur.com/z1nNaLx.png *i.imgur.com/HDTIvyn.png

*i.imgur.com/vGlROCv.png *i.imgur.com/0uwC2gY.png *i.imgur.com/abBF5x1.png

*i.imgur.com/DL8Bpdo.png *i.imgur.com/cLgaYQn.png

This was just to show you how to share an internet connection. The steps will remain same except where you have to select the network, you will select the network which you wish to share. You can have many clients, as my phone wasn't connected it was showing zero clients. Now go connect and try making a LAN for whatever game you wish to play.

That Android tethering is another easy option.

I have figured out a new way to play LAN games
Well i have only tested with NFSMW.
Because we are freshers and few of us have mouse and are comfortable with CS.
So all you have to do is find the most optimized android phone in your group
in my case we have HTC M8.
Because it has high processing power.
ok so lets just start with the process
Step 1)Create a hotspot through your android phone.
Step 2)Ask every peer to join the network you have created through cellphone.
This should be the perfect arrangement.
ie the solar system arrangement.
Untitled.jpg
Well sorry i didnt mentioned that those boxes are Systems.
Reason to use High end phone?
Its about gameplay,so the hotspot system should serve the information to all the user simultaneously so you need some fast processors to carry out the iterations.
We have also tested with Moto E,the gameplay aint that smooth.
Glad if it helped

Last edited:
Top Bottom