mSATA purchase and installationmSATA purchase and installation

mvikred

Right off the assembly line
Dear forum members,

I have been a digit reader ever since its initial days (have been reading since 2000), but this happens to be my first post on the forum.

I recently purchased a HP ENVY Sleekbook 4 1105tx. The following are its specs (HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1105tx (C0N98PA) | HP® India) and it does not sport a mSATA disc.

However, the shopkeeper mentioned that one can purchase a mSATA disk separately and install it post-purchase. I can go back to reseller and entirely depend on the price he quotes but i wanted to check on the net if I could purchase and install a mSATA.

It would be very helpful if the forum members can answer the following two questions

1. Where can I buy a mSATA disk (say 32 GB or 64 GB) and how much would it cost me?

2. After installing it do we need to change any BIOS settings or windows settings for it to cache and fast boot using the mSATA?

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers,

Vikas

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP Envy 14 and msata ssd connector.. I'm disappointed.. - HP Support Forum - 827413
mSata (PCIe) port on HP Envy 6-1110us? - HP Support Forum - 2353205

contact hp support & first confirm if your laptop even has the mSATA connector.after that ask them how it can be done.

Top Bottom