Moto E OTG

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Opening a new thread because no one seems to replying on the Moto E thread

So Sandisk Ultra Dual USB Drive 32 GB Pendrive - Sandisk : Flipkart.com was delivered today and well as I expected, it wasn't being detected on my Moto E. But I checked it on Galaxy S Advance, it wasn't being detected too. It works fine on a PC though. Is anything wrong with the drive?

Is there any way to run OTG on Moto E? ES File Explorer and Nexus File Transfer doesn't work. Any other software that I can try?

ankush28

Bazinga
Try the File Commander and its OTG plugin... -- *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.fileman&hl=en

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
exactly. Moto E's micro usb port can't supply enough power for OTG to work (and maybe not supported in kernel too :( )

yeah the main issue being a particular pin is required in the micro usb slot for otg but its missing in the moto e
i may be wrong but i remember reading about it somewhere

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
*puu.sh/bOIEy/9fe36ed99b.png

see this. there was one more app which said that my device supports OTG :O

ankush28

Bazinga
i dont think the hardware supports it

Dude HP's mechanical keyboard works with it! So it does have capability to supply power. Its probably disabled in kernel.
I'll try otg tommorow on my mom's Moto E will let you know if I can do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the main issue being a particular pin is required in the micro usb slot for otg but its missing in the moto e
i may be wrong but i remember reading about it somewhere
Its not possible (correct me if I am wrong) The same pin is used for transferring data to PC using MTP.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Dude HP's mechanical keyboard works with it! So it does have capability to supply power. Its probably disabled in kernel.
I'll try otg tommorow on my mom's Moto E will let you know if I can do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not possible (correct me if I am wrong) The same pin is used for transferring data to PC using MTP.

waiting for you to reply :)

Top Bottom