Motherboard upgrade to support PCI-express graphics card with no change in processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManojJumani9999

Right off the assembly line
My current PC config is:-
Intel P4 519K(EM64T) 3.06GHz, Asus motherboard based on Intel 915GV chipset, 1.24GB DDR1 400MHz RAM, 250GB SATA HDD(150Mbps), 256MB Nvidia 5200 FX graphics card(in PCIx0 slot), Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD writer.
I think(not very sure) my motherboard does not have a PCI-express slot and therefore i want to upgrade my motherboard and graphics card without changing the processor or RAM. Once I have upgraded my PC, I do not want to upgrade it further at least for 2-3 years and still play all the high-end games at optimal quality and performance settings. I want the best bang for my buck and can wait for a few months or so, if the prices are going to fall or something better is going to be launched for the same price. I want to spend more on graphics card than on the motherboard,since i want the best graphics card.
My net budget is Rs15000.
Also i want to know whether a motherboard supporting a dual-core or quad-core processor and a DDR2 800MHz RAM, can also support a single-core processor and DDR1 400MHz RAM.
Please help.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Re: Motherboard upgrade to support PCI-express graphics card with no change in proces

If you sell your current mobo,processor and ram ,which will be around 5k or more,u can get this- e7200 and biostar tp43d2a7 ,2gb ram and a 4850 for ~21k :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom