Monitor required with 2 hdmi inputs

quicky008

Technomancer
1. Budget?
10-15k

2. Display type and size?

IPS,22 inch minimum, Resolution :1080p.
Must have good color reproduction and vivid image quality out of the box without requiring any additional tweaking.

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?

Gaming, programming, browsing etc

4. Types and number of ports required?

This is the most important part-it should have 2 hdmi ports at the very least, additional ports like vga, dvi etc would be an added bonus

5. Preferred choice of brand?

Samsung, Lg, dell in that order

The brand that offers the best after sales service and is reliable will be preferred.

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?

I could find no monitor within this price range from Samsung that has 2 hdmi ports. There's one called LS24F350XXL which has just 1 port but is priced quite low. The only way to use such a monitor with 2 hdmi inputs is via some kind of splitter/switch which isn't the most reliable method as switches typically don't last very long and may degrade the visual fidelity.

So i was looking for a display that natively has 2 built-in hdmi ports, and found some Lg monitors which fulfill this criteria :

LG 24MK600M priced at 11k on Amazon

Lg 24MP88HV priced at 14k approx.

The former seems good enough, given its relatively lower price point . But is lg a reliable brand? Previously i had used Samsung monitors which are working fine to this very day. So i am rather confused about this.

7. Any other info that you want to share.

Although i am a bit biased towards Samsung, i may have to make an exception in this case due to the aforesaid reasons. Should I buy a monitor with 1 hdmi input and use it with a switch, or get something else having 2 built in hdmi ports?

I am pretty interested in LG 24MK600M due to its low price - will it be a good choice in this case?

Last edited: