Microsoft is testing ads in the Windows 11 File Explorer

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If someone wants to try fedora Dual booting is quite easy , spare the windows partition (Prolly till sda4) , create boot/efi , root(btrfs), swap(optional), home(make home ext4 IMO) after the installation U'd immediately see a list whenever u boot, to switch between without a hassle.
Mint will show u option to install alongside windows though i like the one mentioned above.
what is root(btrfs)?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
IIRC Fedora uses btrfs as the default filesystem instead of ext4. I might try it myself someday.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Did they expect people to go:

*i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/022/900/704.jpg

I am very glad I am sticking with Windows 10 rather than 11.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^Problem is we need to move to next Windows eventually. Hopefully there is some kind of setting which can enable/disable the ads in explorer.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^Problem is we need to move to next Windows eventually. Hopefully there is some kind of setting which can enable/disable the ads in explorer.
There will be or they will make it paid & not paid browsers.
Everything is for making money in the end.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That is true. Later down the line they will make it subscription based, like other Microsoft services e.g. MS Office. And nothing ever will be same. So either we have to pay money or watch ads.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Lets hope by then linux is able to support few more apps. My 3/4th work can be done on linux now, but i hate switching to windows for that 1/4th. So i use vm instead now.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lets hope by then linux is able to support few more apps. My 3/4th work can be done on linux now, but i hate switching to windows for that 1/4th. So i use vm instead now.
You could try this: Looking Glass - Home

Looking Glass is an open source application that allows the use of a KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) configured for VGA PCI Pass-through without an attached physical monitor, keyboard or mouse. This is the final step required to move away from dual booting with other operating systems for legacy programs that require high performance graphics.

Disclaimer: I've never used this, but I have set up single GPU passthrough to a Windows VM on Qemu instead, allowing me to use windows without rebooting Linux and with all the performance of a native install. I think this does the same but in a more simpler manner.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah this will be an issue in 2-3 years. Let's see what's up. The Linux "Tux" penguin is always waiting for us with open arms (using in my laptops already).

Top Bottom