Looking for SSD for AAA games like STARFIELD.

Ssangeet

In the zone
My Setup is
CPU- Ryzen R5 3600x
GPU - GTX 1660ti
MOBO - MSI B450 Max
Storage - One SSD for OS & 1 HDD for game & data for now.
Budget : I can go till 4k & few more if something really worth it comes for that price.
Reason : To install AAA games which prefer SSD.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Check this:

Crucial P3 1TB PCIe 3.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD, up to 3500MB/s - CT1000P3SSD8 *amzn.eu/d/8NXsvTa

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Check this:

Crucial P3 1TB PCIe 3.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD, up to 3500MB/s - CT1000P3SSD8 *amzn.eu/d/8NXsvTa
I ordered this one

GOOD OR BAD ?
1693816513889.png

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
It is good, it's my secondary SSD. Ordered from where?
Elitehubs ,as 125 wallet was left to use & they delievered pretty fast but local delivery guy took few hours extra to deliver.
Just installed it after solving issues like not detecting,not showing up,not showing other hdd . For now moving my starfield file there followed by few other AAA games installed files.

Sorry to shatter your hopes, but sadly you won't be able to enjoy Starfield, unless you are fine with 30fps gaming. The specs required to play it well is too high.

My experience on i5 12400 + 3070:

Played Starfield for 2 hours or so. Game doesn't have an option to run fullscreen at lower resolution (it runs windowed if I set 1080p on my 1440p monitor).

So I'm getting around 60fps in some places with higher fps in low demanding areas. Using HUB performance mode settings at 1440p with FSR set to 75% render resolution (so render at 1080p, then upscale, similar to FSR2 ultra quality preset in other games). I do see occasional 55-58fps, not too noticeable fps drops as of now. The game doesn't look good enough relative to the horsepower it needs to run, no way around it.

Initially the game is going slow. Keep expectations in check, reviewers were right about missed potential for sure.

View attachment 22553

Your GPU will perform similar or worse than 3050, so lower the resolution below 1080p & preset to low:
View attachment 22551

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Sorry to shatter your hopes, but sadly you won't be able to enjoy Starfield, unless you are fine with 30fps gaming. The specs required to play it well is too high.

My experience on i5 12400 + 3070:

Your GPU will perform similar or worse than 3050, so lower the resolution below 1080p & preset to low:
View attachment 22551
Hoping the game will better with updates. By the way experience was better than HDD & OK overall.

Top Bottom