Looking for office powerhorse

hiteshkkk

Right off the assembly line
Hello all..

Currently I'm using Lenovo intel i5 i think 5th gen and wish to upgrade to faster.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)

Ans: My primary use is only office work which comprises of using lot of Browser tabs, excel, word & couple of proprietary softwares. Though these are all low resource intensive, but still there are lot of concurrent windows across each application open which sometimes consume lot of memory / cpu.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: around 30 to 40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Need only 240gb nvme for OS. All files are stored on server and we access using file sharing.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No. Already have WQHD 24 inch.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No need of keyboard, mouse & Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: have did a lot but that was 15 yrs back. I can still do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Jalgaon Maharashtra.. Buy online or locally.. Whatever gives better value.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm not sure if i should go with amd or intel and it's almost 15 yrs that i assembled last pc. I'm open to both of them. There wouldn't be any video editing or gaming.

Thanks in advance.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
This will cost little under 30k, should be good enough for your intended use.

i3 10100
Asus H410M E
8GB DDR4 2666mhz or higher
250GB A2000 NVME
Corsair Spec 01 or cabinet of your choice
MWE 450 Bronze V2

OP
H

hiteshkkk

Right off the assembly line
This will cost little under 30k, should be good enough for your intended use.

i3 10100
Asus H410M E
8GB DDR4 2666mhz or higher
250GB A2000 NVME
Corsair Spec 01 or cabinet of your choice
MWE 450 Bronze V2

Thanks..

I had one doubt.. Does it makes sense to go for i5? I can stretch my budget.. Coming from i5 already, getting a feeling of demotion by going to i3.

Honestly I don't understand technical difference use cases of i3 & i5 so this question.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I had one doubt.. Does it makes sense to go for i5? I can stretch my budget.. Coming from i5 already, getting a feeling of demotion by going to i3.

Honestly I don't understand technical difference use cases of i3 & i5 so this question.
i3 10100 is basically i7 7700. I don't think I can put it in more simpler terms.

Top Bottom