Looking for a multi-function printer

I am looking for a multi-function printer that should have these functionalities

1) LaserJet (will never go for ink jet again)
2) Colored
3) Automatic Duplex Printing
4) Printing, photocopying, scanning and fax
5) Touch Screen
6) Low cost of printing, don't want something that has expensive tonar
7) Good photo printing, will be an added advantage. Although I don't expect it to print as good as an inkjet printer

In my life I've only purchased HP Printer. Don't know any other vendor that provide good printers as HP. I will never make a mistake of purchasing an inkjet printer again where I have to replace a cartridge every 4-5 months, irrespective of usage. I am looking for a good reliable printer to perform above mentioned tasks and should last for atleast 5 years.

I found this printer, which meets all my expectation. But its unfortunate, that this model not available in indian market. Can someone suggest me some alternative?

Brother MFC-9340CDW Laser All-in-One Printer | Make More Happen at Staples®

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
WTF!! Is this messageboard dead. There is no one who can help me for this requirement. If I forgot to mention my budget. I can spend upto 50K at worst case scenerio. But something within the range of 30K will be a sweet spot

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
PLZ READ MY POST CAREFULLY.
I saw your post late... but even then what do I say? You are choosing the wrong tool from starting of your post...

Want to know the story of Color Laser?
You spend half a lac rupees getting one, and for that you get low quality printouts, not at all photo class, with excessive saturation, overblown highlights and shadows, and no decent dynamic range. Plus, its not even cost efficient to print it.

Accept my suggestion and go get this EPSON L550:

Epson - L550 Multi-function Inkjet Printer - Epson : Flipkart.com

Its meeting all your requirements, but don't know about touchscreen. Duplex printing is manual.

I know its an inkjet printer, but you're spending JUST Rs. 16800 or lesser... This inkjet will still last more than 3 years anyways.
If something happens to this unit, simple, purchase another. You have a budget of 30-50k, right? You still will save a lot.

Plus, it has external ink tank system. Your typical laser lasts MAX 2000 pages on one toner, right?
This Epson one will last 4000+ pages for B&W alone, for color it is almost 6500 pages. And believe me, refill color bottles are available in almost every good Computer store of a city, or online. No more cartridges replacement!

Laser is only beneficial when you want to print B&W only, or want a printer that different people will handle in an office or so, or won't print for a long time.

Buddy, you know you have the same story as me. I too got an Epson inkjet which was good in all aspects, but its ink was expensive and was not available in my area at all. Dejected, I sold it off on OLX.
But then I decided to take full market knowledge on this matter, and then I went to market again....... And do you know what I have right now?
Yes, I have a Color inkjet, printing at 10-30 paise/ photo or printout. And capable of printing around 4000 pages in a row.

My review is posted here:- *www.digit.in/forum/peripherals/181...-mp287s-accessory-esyink-ink-tank-system.html

I'm talking something for your profit only. Seedhey Fayde ki baat. Rest is upto you. Tell me what you think about this inkjet now...

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
PLZ READ MY POST CAREFULLY.
I saw your post late... but even then what do I say? You are choosing the wrong tool from starting of your post...

Want to know the story of Color Laser?
You spend half a lac rupees getting one, and for that you get low quality printouts, not at all photo class, with excessive saturation, overblown highlights and shadows, and no decent dynamic range. Plus, its not even cost efficient to print it.

Accept my suggestion and go get this EPSON L550:

Epson - L550 Multi-function Inkjet Printer - Epson : Flipkart.com

Its meeting all your requirements, but don't know about touchscreen. Duplex printing is manual.

I know its an inkjet printer, but you're spending JUST Rs. 16800 or lesser... This inkjet will still last more than 3 years anyways.
If something happens to this unit, simple, purchase another. You have a budget of 30-50k, right? You still will save a lot.

Plus, it has external ink tank system. Your typical laser lasts MAX 2000 pages on one toner, right?
This Epson one will last 4000+ pages for B&W alone, for color it is almost 6500 pages. And believe me, refill color bottles are available in almost every good Computer store of a city, or online. No more cartridges replacement!

Laser is only beneficial when you want to print B&W only, or want a printer that different people will handle in an office or so, or won't print for a long time.

Buddy, you know you have the same story as me. I too got an Epson inkjet which was good in all aspects, but its ink was expensive and was not available in my area at all. Dejected, I sold it off on OLX.
But then I decided to take full market knowledge on this matter, and then I went to market again....... And do you know what I have right now?
Yes, I have a Color inkjet, printing at 10-30 paise/ photo or printout. And capable of printing around 4000 pages in a row.

My review is posted here:- *www.digit.in/forum/peripherals/181...-mp287s-accessory-esyink-ink-tank-system.html

I'm talking something for your profit only. Seedhey Fayde ki baat. Rest is upto you. Tell me what you think about this inkjet now...

Thanks dude. Does this ink jet printer uses some different technology, or the same technology used by crappy HP InkJet printers, where ink dries every 6 months, irrespective of the usage?

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Basically, the technology is the same at the print head.... which means that yes, you will have to print every week/ regularly. I think the HP printer might also give trouble if its not printed once a week or so.

But, the new technology in this Epson L550 is its "ink supply system". The outside placed ink tanks supply ink to the cartridge through plastic transparent tubes.

So, this doesn't add to the weight of the moving print head, which means a huge amount of ink can be stored outside the printer, and you won't be dependent on those small cartridges that won't last more than 4-5 months...

This means that for first 6 to 15 months (approx), you will not need to visit any store/ shop at all. Afterwards, you can purchase ink bottles at Rs. 400 each and fill them yourself, without anyone assistance.
Total 4 color inks will be required and the one which empties first can be filled at one time.

And if you can purchase ink in bulk, that would be great!!

My best suggestion would be that you get this printer, have a sample test page on your Windows desktop and print it every 5 days, just to keep ink flowing. Nothing bad will happen for some years atleast.
It still is much much better than spending half a lac on a low color-quality laser. :)

Top Bottom