Looking for a lightweight, premium laptop around 70k-90k

vishnov

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I am looking for a lightweight laptop mostly for work and media consumption.

1) What is your budget?

Anywhere between 70k - 85k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 13" or 14" screen. Weight ideally be under 1.5kg (lower the better)

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

I work in a creative field so I need a good display and colour accuracy. Will be using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and InDesign occasionally. Otherwise, it's mostly MS Office and Google Docs.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?

I understand that memory of lightweight laptops is not upgradable. So will need 16GB (if available) or 8GB with high operating frequency. A minimum of 512 GB SSD, i7 or Ryzen 5 4500U or 4700U processor.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Not looking for Macbooks. Any other brand welcome.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Do you think 8GB RAM will be future-proof for the next 4-5 years?

And what are your thoughts about a touch laptop? Maintenance, hinge longevity and long term usage issues?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
8 GB is bare minimum these days, windows 10 alone would consume 2.5 GB on start up. Then if its a ryzen laptop, some OEMs don't let users change the vram allocated to vega iGPU. 16 GB is ideal and 32 GB would be my recommendation (if you can find a laptop with 2 ram slots).

Touchscreen laptops usually would have some compromises when it comes to core hardware.

OP
vishnov

vishnov

Journeyman
8 GB is bare minimum these days, windows 10 alone would consume 2.5 GB on start up. Then if its a ryzen laptop, some OEMs don't let users change the vram allocated to vega iGPU. 16 GB is ideal and 32 GB would be my recommendation (if you can find a laptop with 2 ram slots).

Touchscreen laptops usually would have some compromises when it comes to core hardware.

But thin and lightweight laptops usually have RAM that's soldered to them. So, upgrading it is out of the equation. And I really want a lightweight laptop.

I have come across these two, and I actually like them. HP is portable, easy to use and handy, while Zenbook is powerful but pricey (and headphone jack). Which one would you suggest. If not these two, any other variant?

*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08D5F4B6M/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG

*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08CL12HGL/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1PCNNHFKG2QKR

That Zenbook meets your requirements but is surely expensive. Sadly many cheaper U CPU laptops don't have 16GB RAM nor 100% sRGB panel.

8GB RAM is enough for normal usage but not for productivity tasks.

Top Bottom