Logitech Z-5500 and a Laptop

Abidh

Right off the assembly line
Hello Digitians,

I am back once again, with a bit of a 'same' type of question, but on its own dedicated thread! For those who are interested on my other thread, you can check it out here.

As for this thread, I am willing to purchase the Logitech Z5500 at last and pair it with the following components :
  • Satellite STB (via the digital output thing) - a bit of a home theater setup....
  • Laptop (Lenovo Z560 wifi model)

Note: I'll be connecting the laptop to the TV via HDMI, so all the sounds are at present played directly from TV. If I use a TV audio out and plug it directly to the speakers, will it work? (bit of a noob me)
Also, I'm not going to game on it at all, it would purely be Movies and Music if that matters.

I remember @Desiibond suggesting me to get an external sound card for my laptop, which seems to be this one :
Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Sound Card ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

However, I hear things that I could just passthrough the audio via S/PDIF to the Logitech to decode the audio itself, any help on this is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom