Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

tkin

Back to school!!
^^no. 600VA won't be enough for a quadcore + GTX275 rig. to get a 15 minute backup, a 1kVA is absolutely necessary for that 650W PSU.

Also, a 650VA UPS has max power output capacity of 390 Watts. And this can give backup of 13.5 minutes for a load of 195 Watts.

A 1kVA UPS has max power output capacity of 670 Watts and gives 20.6 minutes backup if load is at 335 Watts.
The load rating in websites are a damn lie, look at my system, That APC 650VA UPS gives me 35-45mins backup(only system with minimal load-song playing, browsing, nothing else connected to it, have got separate UPS for monitor).

*img26.imageshack.us/img26/2681/capture007w.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ desiibond and thunder - extreme outverson PSU calculator lite showed that his rig will consume 300-350W. So I thougt if he wants the absolute minimum backup then he should get a good branded 600VA ups as most of the users don't play games ( i know he has a gtx 275 with quad core ) when there is a power cut.

As you said a 650VA will give him around 13 mins so I thought a 600VA will give him backup time of 10 mins and a 800VA say around 20 mins which I think is sufficient to save data, close all apps and shutdown the pc safely.

BTW, he had not mentiond what type of work he will do when there is a power cut and
his budget - so it's kinda difficult to suggest a ups as for some people 10-20 mins will do under low load and for some that won't be enough.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
it's not just when there is a power cut. if I connect load more than 300W to my 500VA, it keeps on beeping (even when power is on) that it is not able to give power output. so, it is recommended to have enough juice in UPS.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
Where u got these prices from dude? They are very high. Some online dealers are providing these cards for much less amount. Even on ebay.in HD5870 is selling for less than 27k!!

These prices are from TheITWares.....can you gimme link of others online dealers?

monkey

Padawan
Well nearly all online dealers (ITWares, Lynx, Yantra Online, Buyinggaming stuff etc.) have their presence at Erodov and Techenclave. Funny thing is that they provide better deals on these forums rather than on their own websites as if they are into promoting these forums rather than their own site.

Krow

Crowman
^^They can get more group orders at forums due to a large community and in bulk, they get better deals from distributors. That's what I figured out at least.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's not just when there is a power cut. if I connect load more than 300W to my 500VA, it keeps on beeping (even when power is on) that it is not able to give power output. so, it is recommended to have enough juice in UPS.

Yup, you just can't overload a ups :p

BTW, I though 1KVA APC ups is Rs. around 7-9K
and 800VA one is Rs. 5.4K

Can you tell me or give me some link where 1KVA APC ups is available for 5K - just curious to know :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
there are two models in APC. one comes with monitoring app and port. that costs around 8k. other one is 1.1kvA that doesn't have any monitoring facility. this one costs 5k-5.5k. you can check itwares and previous posts in digit

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there are two models in APC. one comes with monitoring app and port. that costs around 8k. other one is 1.1kvA that doesn't have any monitoring facility. this one costs 5k-5.5k. you can check itwares and previous posts in digit

Thanks for informing me :p

Well Topgear I can arrange you 1 on that infact i will be buyn 1 fr me ttoo near future

Thanks for your generous offer but as of now I don't need a APC ups :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The Samsung P2350 is a super deal. Although the Dell S2409W is a rip-off.

Why is it a rip-off. I think the 24" Full HD DELL is a great deal for ~12.5K...?

should be around 5k.

Last year I got my 1.1KVA APC for 4.8K (without monitoring software). My APC 650VA could not support the Xfire at full load.

Yup, you just can't overload a ups :p

BTW, I though 1KVA APC ups is Rs. around 7-9K
and 800VA one is Rs. 5.4K

Can you tell me or give me some link where 1KVA APC ups is available for 5K - just curious to know :p

It retails around 4.8K-5K. The APC 1.1KVA (without monitoring software)

Top Bottom