laptops given by engg. colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
nowadays most engg. colleges give u a laptop when u join....
my cousin joined KIIT(2003) their they said that they would give them a 80k laptop...20k will be paid by the institute & 60k the student has to give..they gave him an ibm r40 a crappy laptop which was not worth 80k..
my friend is joinin manipal...(anyone from their on the forum) what kind of laptops do they give....crappy???:?: he wants to know...whether his laptops will be good enough? he owns a very good laptop..

do all institutes give laptops for which u have to pay(i.e. it is compulsory)..??
do they give budget laptops(20-30k)or better laptops of(40-60k).? iam curious to know cuz i'll soon join one..
& do nit's & iit's & iiit's( govt. colleges) also force u to buy a laptop from them...u cant take ur own laptop??

why do they do this..:confused: ? cuz they sign contracts with these pc company's & get heavy profits ...& i hate this:mad: + i have to pass 4 years of my life with those stupid ,crappy laptops...+ all students have the same laptop..so boring:mad:

ps- any engg. students or students from other fields as well here....then plz answer my Q's ?

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
i think they are all the gimmicks of private engg colleges...

Do we not know that there's nothing called a free lunch?

Pathik

Google Bot
mostly engg and mba students get lappys.. But its not necessary to get it 4m the college.. U can get any lappy of ur choice but it shd be better than the minimum config given by them..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
My room-mate is in KIIT(2004 batch). They gave him a IBM R51 laptop which has only a basic configuration like a 1.86 P4, 256 MB RAM, 25 GB HD and nothing else. and took away 60,000 from him for this crap. And its damn compulsory:mad:. Why do they don't just allow the students to choose their own configuration and brand.
These colleges will be getting atleast 30-40 laptops for free as they are buying around 1000 laptops per year.
Its the dirtiest monopoly I have ever seen in this KIIT.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Lucky_star said:
My room-mate is in KIIT(2004 batch). They gave him a IBM R51 laptop which has only a basic configuration like a 1.86 P4, 256 MB RAM, 25 GB HD and nothing else. and took away 60,000 from him for this crap. And its damn compulsory:mad:. Why do they don't just allow the students to choose their own configuration and brand.
These colleges will be getting atleast 30-40 laptops for free as they are buying around 1000 laptops per year.
Its the dirtiest monopoly I have ever seen in this KIIT.

looks like kiit makes all its batches suffer with cheap lappys:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom