Laptop in between 1 and 1.5 Lakh

centinal

Broken In
Hi all,
I am looking for a laptop for mostly heavy media coding and occasional gaming, below are the needs

1) What is your budget?
around 1 - 1.5L INR
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
15-17inch display between 1 to 2.5 kgs
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
coding, browsing, data crunching, Movies, games once in a while
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for
Ryzen CPU if not intel then
* good display srgb100% qhd, ips, >=300 nits
8-16gb ram expandable
dedicated graphics
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
redmi, mi,
6) Anything else you would like to say?
new bells and whistles like PD etc would be nice,

Legion 5 with R7 5800H + 3060. IMO QHD in a laptop is not required, but Legion 5 has QHD variants as well. Usually can be had for 110-115k. Get extended warranty as well.

QHD version at 116k:
amazon.in/Lenovo-39-62cm-Windows-Stingray-82JU018YIN/dp/B09Y5VRMRH/
amazon.in/dp/B008JVG9FW/

R7 5800H can't outperform i7 12700H in raw performance but 5800H is more efficient leading to better battery life, also better performance on battery at times. Since gaming is not your primary requirement, 3060 is enough for any game you throw at it, gets close to desktop RTX 2060 performance.

Check Jarrod Tech reviews.

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
@omega44-xt
how about this one **www.amazon.in/ASUS-Vivobook-Laptop-Backlit-K6602HC-N1902WS/dp/B0BLP2GR8Z

or this

*www.amazon.in/dp/B0B7S3GDT4/ref=twister_B0B8Y9JS4T?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:
@omega44-xt
how about this one **www.amazon.in/ASUS-Vivobook-Laptop-Backlit-K6602HC-N1902WS/dp/B0BLP2GR8Z

or this

Former will run games at lower graphics for some time, latter won't.

Since you are fine with 15" laptop size, that too upto 2.5kg weight, gaming laptops were an easy recommendation for me.

If you want a laptop for non-gaming usage, you can get a 70k laptop:
amazon.in/dp/B0B31KLNJF/

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
@omega44-xt
Thanks for the suggestion!
about graphics card: I usually play games like morat kombat, and forza
screen: I watch a lot content and would be using the laptop to develop UI (WEB) applications so screen is primary concern

should we be worried about OLED burn in concern, I would use the machine on a avg 8+ hours a day

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
For content watching OLED is fine. Not so much for games and productivity work because of burn-in risk around the area with static content. Go with IPS screen. Another suggestion would be to use external monitor for productivity, you will get much better experience.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@TheSloth
That's a good suggestion, any laptops you would suggest?
Sorry I am not updated with current market so I can't really suggest a specific model and Omega has already suggested what I think is best so I don't think I can add anything to that. Legions in above 1L+ segment are great recommendations because of overall value hence is suggested this.

@omega44-xt
Thanks for the suggestion!
about graphics card: I usually play games like morat kombat, and forza
screen: I watch a lot content and would be using the laptop to develop UI (WEB) applications so screen is primary concern

should we be worried about OLED burn in concern, I would use the machine on a avg 8+ hours a day
Unless you feel you will have very static elements on screen for a long time (maybe 3-4hrs of same static content), burn-in might not be an issue. OLEDs have come a long way.

Still, use of screensavers (from CRT days) & auto hide taskbar is recommended.

Forza is a heavy game, RTX 3050 will handle it easily though.

Again, prioritise your requirements and expectations. Based on your first post, I don't see anything wrong with good gaming laptops.

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
@omega44-xt
Yes, I think so too gaming laptops would be a good choice.

Currently split betwen omen with ryzen 5800h, and legion

Also between legion 5 and legion 5 pro

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-39-62cm-Windows-Stingray-82JU018YIN/dp/B09Y5VRMRH/

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-500Nits-Graphics-Windows-82JQ00JCIN/dp/B09NP4W2PC/

What would you suggest??

Any other recommendations apart from legion.
Say we drop from wqhd resolution,
But with good display in terms of color.

-Thanks

Last edited:
@omega44-xt
Yes, I think so too gaming laptops would be a good choice.

Currently split betwen omen with ryzen 5800h, and legion

Also between legion 5 and legion 5 pro

What would you suggest??

Any other recommendations apart from legion.
Say we drop from wqhd resolution,
But with good display in terms of color.

-Thanks
Omen with 5800H + 3060 will be nice for 100k, if Legion 5 is above 110k. Legion 5 performs better because of higher watt dGPU (115W vs 100W) & MUX switch (check Jarrod Tech's video on this topic if you want to learn about MUX). HP Omen with 6800H + 6650M is also good, but same cons apply.

I'll recommend Legion 5 over Dell G15 or Asus G15 with similar specs as well, unless those are cheaper (which they aren't).

L5 Pro has a metal body (vs plastic), bigger 16.1" display (vs 15.6") & a brighter display. Jarrod Tech had compared Legion 5 with 5 pro. IMO Legion 5 is enough. HP Victus has inferior build quality to other laptops mentioned, so not recommended at 100k (also lower wattage dGPU & no MUX). Asus F15/A15 2022 models are good but 110k models come with 70% sRGB display, not 100%.

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
@omega44-xt
I liked the Display of 5 pro, went store today in blr, 5pro 5800h with 6gb rtx3060 is around 116k.
*www.reliancedigital.in/lenovo-jcin...ws-11-mso-wqxga-40-64-cm-16-inch-/p/492574654

Any suggestions on getting good deals??

Thanks for helping!!!

Last edited:
@omega44-xt
I liked the Display of 5 pro, went store today in blr, 5pro 5800h with 6gb rtx3060 is around 116k.

Any suggestions on getting good deals??

Thanks for helping!!!
5 pro & 5 have similar display, former just has a bigger 16:10 display with higher brightness. Colour gamut coverage & contrast are similar, check Jarrod Tech comparison. Hence I recommend L5 as its cheaper. But for same price as Legion 5, prefer 5 pro for sure.

Deals are random except for sales like Diwali sale or Republic day sale. May also gets a decently big enough sale.

Check for credit card offers & see if any of your friends have one.

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
@omega44-xt

got it,
on other note what would be your suggestions for a laptop [ non gaming ], with good performance and best display [15 - 17]
oled and non oled ones.

Ideapad 2021 is bad for such a price, but Ideapad Gaming 3 2022 is a good choice. 2022 models of any laptop has Ryzen 6000 or Intel 12th gen CPUs.

2021 model has poor build & thermals. Good to see 100% sRGB panel on that, but still a tough sell for me. 2022 model with i7 was like 105k in amazon & lenovo website.
amazon.in/dp/B0B7RWMRDS/

Check Jarrod Tech review.

Top Bottom