Laptop for Home/Office/School use

nac

Aspiring Novelist
1) What is your budget?
This is for a friend, she said under 25k. I don't think she can get a decent one at this budget. So as minimum as possible. Would 30k be okay?

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
I don't know if FHD, IPS all possible in the budget, Whatever budget allows.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
MS Office suite, Zoom/Google Meet/Skype, Browsing, Youtube and generic home/office work

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
At least Ryzen 3 or i3, no Celeron or Athlon
FHD IPS
8GB memory + 256GB NVME Storage
4-6hrs Battery backup
Decent webcam - 1080p? or at least 720p
Windows and MS office should come in the bundle (with license)
Both Type A and C USB ports. If possible Gen2, if not Gen1 is fine.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Any popular brand will do I guess.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
I am thinking of how about without Windows and Office if she can install Windows and Office alternate like Libre or Open office to cut cost. But I don't know if she can do it herself, if she has to rely on someone to install they may charge about 1k for that. Would this work without compromising on the hardware front?

Windows and MS Office with license
Good after sales, best possible battery life in the budget.
How good the built in camera would be in this budget? If the camera isn't good, will have to get a webcam.
Thinking of using this laptop for a very long time let's say 7-8yrs, should have an option of upgrading memory to 16GB in the future.

www.amazon.in/Acer-Premium-Windows-AL15-41-Display/dp/B0CB7S1RTX

Expect poor build quality & cheap components for WiFi, BT, etc as well. Display is TN but at least has 2 RAM slots (16GB is enough though) & a 2.5" slot.

Reactions: nac
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am total noob when it comes to laptops. I have always preferred desktop, never felt comfortable working in laptops. There are so many things new to me when I looked up online.

What is this laptop setup service? What's there to setup, OS and MS office are preinstalled, right? All we have to do is just power on and use it, or is it a complex one?

Didn't know with small display there wouldn't be enough space for num pad.

Digging for information is hard for laptops. Even spec sheet doesn't have some information I am looking.

These are the ones made the filter (30k, Win, Office, Upgradeable RAM - removed 14" laptops as they didn't have num pad) except the Dell one, all are TN or VA panel I assume. Solely for that reason I prefer it among the four. All are about 30k range, of course with offers.

*amzn.in/d/5bPs3rr
*amzn.in/d/8YkuZ3E
*amzn.in/d/hmO4Gip
*amzn.in/d/2qNl6l

www.amazon.in/Acer-Premium-Windows-AL15-41-Display/dp/B0CB7S1RTX

Expect poor build quality & cheap components for WiFi, BT, etc as well. Display is TN but at least has 2 RAM slots (16GB is enough though) & a 2.5" slot.
I don't think she will up the budget anymore, just to get the idea how much the budget should be for the use case without much compromise on hardware quality and brand service.

Top Bottom