Laptop for editing and gaming purpose under 70k INR?

TheBrownBoy32

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
-60k-70k INR (DURING BBD/ AMAZON SALE 2020)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
- Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After effects
- Play latest AAA titles like RDR2 AND CYBERPUNK 2077 @60fps and above

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?
HP OMEN 15 (for thermal management)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

HP>DELL>LENOVO>ACER>MSI>ASUS

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart/Amazon )
  • NO ASUS TUF SERIES AS THEY HAVE NO PROPER THERMAL MANAGEMENT.

123hero

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
-60k-70k INR (DURING BBD/ AMAZON SALE 2020)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
- Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After effects
- Play latest AAA titles like RDR2 AND CYBERPUNK 2077 @60fps and above

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?
HP OMEN 15 (for thermal management)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

HP>DELL>LENOVO>ACER>MSI>ASUS

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart/Amazon )
  • NO ASUS TUF SERIES AS THEY HAVE NO PROPER THERMAL MANAGEMENT.

At your price point ACER and MSI with AMD RYZEN's are out of the budget. MSI and Dell have similar configurations with Radeon 5500M GPU but they have poor thermals, so no point in putting money in any of them.

HP OMEN (R5 4600H + 4GB 1650 + 512GB SSD) has been stable at 76K for a pretty long time, so I dont expect the price to drop , or even if it drops will be 1-2K which is still above your budget.

At your price bracket , only the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 currently at 70K (Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15ARH05 Gaming Laptop Rs.100690 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15ARH05 Gaming Laptop Onyx Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com)
is available at the moment.

Alternatively you could wait for HP Pavilion Gaming series to be available in the below 70K price range. Currently many of them are OOS or over priced. Anyways I am not sure whether AAA titles can be played at over 60FPS in the laptops in the price range.

Laptops in 60-70K range have relatively average screen with only 45% NTSC Color Gamut and Matte Finish displays. So a word of caution if your primary objective to buy the laptop is for editing since tasks like color correction and color grading may not achieve desired results. You may need to buy an external monitor to meet your requirements.

5-7 hours of battery life is not possible on gaming laptops with intensive usage. While there are variations in battery sizes, you can comfortably get around 3-4 hours with moderate use and 1-2 hours with intensive usage.

I would recommend not to buy any i5 series laptops at prices above 55-60K since it does not make sense paying anything higher when you can get i7 10th GEN level performance from R5 4600H CPU are a slightly higher price.

Last edited:
OP
TheBrownBoy32

TheBrownBoy32

Right off the assembly line
At your price point ACER and MSI with AMD RYZEN's are out of the budget. MSI and Dell have similar configurations with Radeon 5500M GPU but they have poor thermals, so no point in putting money in any of them.

HP OMEN (R5 4600H + 4GB 1650 + 512GB SSD) has been stable at 76K for a pretty long time, so I dont expect the price to drop , or even if it drops will be 1-2K which is still above your budget.

At your price bracket , only the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 currently at 70K (Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15ARH05 Gaming Laptop Rs.100690 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15ARH05 Gaming Laptop Onyx Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com)
is available at the moment.

Alternatively you could wait for HP Pavilion Gaming series to be available in the below 70K price range. Currently many of them are OOS or over priced. Anyways I am not sure whether AAA titles can be played at over 60FPS in the laptops in the price range.

Laptops in 60-70K range have relatively average screen with only 45% NTSC Color Gamut and Matte Finish displays. So a word of caution if your primary objective to buy the laptop is for editing since tasks like color correction and color grading may not achieve desired results. You may need to buy an external monitor to meet your requirements.

5-7 hours of battery life is not possible on gaming laptops with intensive usage. While there are variations in battery sizes, you can comfortably get around 3-4 hours with moderate use and 1-2 hours with intensive usage.

I would recommend not to buy any i5 series laptops at prices above 55-60K since it does not make sense paying anything higher when you can get i7 10th GEN level performance from R5 4600H CPU are a slightly higher price.
Thank you for your suggestion. I was actually planning to go for OMEN 15 but was worried about the screen flex which i am reading about everywhere on the internet. Also, many buyers have been complaining about its color inaccuracy. May i know about the thermal management in the Lenovo model you have suggested. I can stretch my budget and buy omen if it is really worth its price. One more thing, is it safe to buy such expensive laptop from Flipkart? I have been saving my hard earned money from one year and can't see it getting wasted if i have a bad experience buying expensive laptop online...

Top Bottom