Jio 4G Technical Queries

IshanJain(CrashOverride)

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I bought Jio 4G and it's all good as far a hardware is concerned but I have more questions.

1. How do I configure my DNS? By default it sets your PC's DNS 192.168.1.1 so it can redirect you to correct page when you type *jiofi.local.html/ and then uses Jio's DNS servers.

But their servers are either overloaded or just crappy. So, I want to change my DNS to 8.8.8.8 or something like that. It can improve browsing experience.

2. How do I lock it to a particular band? I have band40 in the area which gives maximum speeds and band5 which gives max 8 mbps speed which is kind of useless. By default it chooses band5 everytime and I get low speeds. I want to lock it to band40. How do I do that?

3. Is their any custom firmware available for this? Because the default firmware is again a piece of crap and I would love to switch to something else.

:There are few things that I noted and I am curious to know if my assumptions are correct.

1. When I tether it to my PC. It shows in connection details "Remote NDIS" which is something windows only shows you when you are tethering your android phone. My point being does it has android installed on it? or maybe some other customised linux firmware? I am pretty sure about this one.

2. If it has android/linux installed. How do I access it?

Will edit this post after more information about this device.

Top Bottom