Jaipur (Rajasthan) whats the best broadband connection

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I've been using BSNL broadband for a couple of years now. Finally got sick of the constant disconnecting, days of not working, pathetic helpdesk and the really bad speeds

But what now? My plan was about 1400 per month. What ISP should i move to and what are the best unlimited connections i can get? I'm in the Nirman Nagar area of Jaipur

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check if bsnl FTTH(fibre to the home) service is available in your area.it has same plans as usual ADSL ones but it is much more stable than telephone line connections.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not true.what you were being told was about exclusive FTTH plans.
Broadband Internet Service on FTTH
Any DSL Broadband plan (including combo plan) with FMC Rs. 375 and above is applicable on FTTH (w.e.f. 01-12-2014).
rent part is true but it is Rs.150 & is reasonable as optical fiber devices are very costly(mrp is Rs.12000 for outright purchase from bsnl).

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There was a guy in Reddit who did an AMA or something. I just searched for it but am not able to find it. He runs a startup ISP business in Rajasthan (Jaipur was one of the cities he covers if I remember correct). The terms were similar to those attractive ones offered by ACT/You Broadband. Search for it please.

EDIT:
Sorry that city is Jodhpur and not Jaipur. Here is the link *www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/366t1q/hello_rindia_we_have_started_a_new_isp_with_the/

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Airtel is there but has the same problems of low speed and really pathetic customer service

Sh*T :( felling sorry for you :/

Time exceeded for ISP like ACT to expand its operations to every states, other than metros :(
Me too wishing ACT to start service in Kerala, all over Kerala, so that I can scrap this crappy BSNL broadband.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The problem is that Internet is also necessary now. And to get that you have to spend crazy amounts of time and energy

Top Bottom