is archer ax10 good

ramy91

Broken In
Hi friends. I am about to buy tp link archer ax10 from amazon. Overall it receives more than 4 stars in review but some critical review and other net blog say it has poor 2g performance. Is anyone here using it and what is your actual feel about this router? I have most 2g devices and I need good coverage of 2g upto say 20-25 feet. I will rarely use 5g band and no ax band for now. Some say even archer a9 is better than ax10. But again some review say a9 even failed in a month and some say not good coverage. so confused.

I'm using that router. We use the 5GHz WiFi for all our devices & 2.4GHz for just smart bulbs. So sometimes some phone is used in 2.4GHz. For my 300Mbps internet, I barely get 60-70Mbps on 2.4GHz, but it works well for normal browsing for sure. None of our devices use WiFi beyond a 4m radius. Connection strength is good, drop 1 bar with a wall in between when like 3+m away.

First of all, don't spend this much if you are not using WiFi 6. All the phones & my PC support WiFi 6, so the upgrade helps a bit, not noticeable for sure.

Maybe consider Archer C6 & save money. Another thing worth considering is a WiFi extender. The extender will cut max speeds by half but improve coverage.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Do check if it is compatible with your broadband provider. Airtel/BSNL would not work with Archer C6.

It will work with router they provide, atleast working in my case with airtel fiber. Unless he has seperate Modem and router, airtel now provides 2in1 ONT-Router box.

He can also put change firmware to Open-WRT like I did and unlock a TruckLoad of features from router itself.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It will work with router they provide, atleast working in my case with airtel fiber. Unless he has seperate Modem and router, airtel now provides 2in1 ONT-Router box.

He can also put change firmware to Open-WRT like I did and unlock a TruckLoad of features from router itself.
Oh man. I don't understand these things at all. But yes, it will work only with ISP's provided modems. OP can't fix the Airtel cable with their new C6 and start working normally.

Oh man. I don't understand these things at all. But yes, it will work only with ISP's provided modems. OP can't fix the Airtel cable with their new C6 and start working normally.
Use airtel modem as just a modem & the work of distributing the internet wired & wirelessly will be done by the router. Used this setup with airtel, works as intended. Only downside is having 2 devices for using internet, in case you plan to get the power batterypack.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Use airtel modem as just a modem & the work of distributing the internet wired & wirelessly will be done by the router. Used this setup with airtel, works as intended. Only downside is having 2 devices for using internet, in case you plan to get the power batterypack.
For me this setup did not work because Airtel's provided Huawei modem did not had bridge mode, to connect to C6 I bought.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ah, didn't know that. I struggled really hard to make it work and discovered later that modem didn't even had bridge mode.
OP, order only from Amazon, in case it didn't work, you can get refund.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Ah, didn't know that. I struggled really hard to make it work and discovered later that modem didn't even had bridge mode.

Do yous still have that router?

If so, use it in route mode itself, I am also using it like that. If you have some seperate devices connected to Modem(huawei) over Ethernet and want to share with devices on router's network, set router to work in AP mode. Works for me this way.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Do yous still have that router?

If so, use it in route mode itself, I am also using it like that. If you have some seperate devices connected to Modem(huawei) over Ethernet and want to share with devices on router's network, set router to work in AP mode. Works for me this way.
I don't need to use it as of now with my current setup. Also I don't understand about this much so I will refrain from breaking anything.

OP
R

ramy91

Broken In
Current router is primatel r104 or something provided by isp. dont know about modem. except router nothing else in my house. Its not bsnl. isp is local operator. will talk to them n confirm. thx.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I don't need to use it as of now with my current setup. Also I don't understand about this much so I will refrain from breaking anything.

its the best thing. i too follow for the last many years and try when i have enough time or there is spare if its essential.

Top Bottom