Ipad Air Restarts with a brief flicker of blue screen after upgrade to ios 8.0.2

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys,
Greetings of the festive season. With Diwali around the corner I thought of treating myself with an Ipad 128 gb Wifi version. I purchased it last week. It came with ios 7, however after bringing it home and connecting it to the wifi it shortly prompted me that an upgrade to ios 8.0.2 was available and would I want to install it? Of course I did. Thereafter my ipad has been restarting with a brief flicker of blue screen. It restarts after some time of use, approx 2 to 3 hours of use and apparently when I run multiple apps?
I had raised a ticket with Apple Support. They had called me, took some diagnostics. They told me all looks fine.
Then I was told to do a hard reset of the device. It didn't fix the problem.
They had asked me to reset the ipad to factory settings Incase the problem persisted.
I took backup, reset my ipad to factory settings, reinstalled ios 8.0.2 via iTunes and USB cable and restored the backup. No luck. It's still restarting once in a while and this is irritating.
I Googled this problem and apparently many have faced this problem, but without any concrete solution. :(
Can you guys help?

Much thanks in advance...
Regards
Thor

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I googled this and it has become a news items as well besides complaints on forums. It seems you have to wait for 8.0.3

iOS 8 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Extends to iOS 8.0.2 - Softpedia

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok, but I am not seeing any official acknowledgement from Apple that they are going to publish an update, if any at all and whats the expected time schedule.
I went ahead and posted this in their forum as well as submitted a bug report to their site.
:-x I can't believe this is happening. Boughg IOS Device 1st time ever, and its f***king me over !! WTH man.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok, so I did another factory restore and this time didn't restore any backup.
Set it up as a new iPad and then installed softwares. So far so good without any blue screens. Tonight I will stress test it once more running 5 to 6 apps and see how it fares. Wish me luck!

$hadow

Geek in making
Ok, so I did another factory restore and this time didn't restore any backup.
Set it up as a new iPad and then installed softwares. So far so good without any blue screens. Tonight I will stress test it once more running 5 to 6 apps and see how it fares. Wish me luck!

I don't think there will be any problem irrespective of the number of apps running in background. Do share your experience.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok, but I am not seeing any official acknowledgement from Apple that they are going to publish an update, if any at all and whats the expected time schedule.
I went ahead and posted this in their forum as well as submitted a bug report to their site.
:-x I can't believe this is happening. Boughg IOS Device 1st time ever, and its f***king me over !! WTH man.

True. Proves that even companies which are revered as infallible by some have their own share of customer apathy and neglect. Its really frustrating when you purchase an expensive product from a company and be dealt third class service. No company in this world actually cares about customer service i think.

$hadow

Geek in making
True. Proves that even companies which are revered as infallible by some have their own share of customer apathy and neglect. Its really frustrating when you purchase an expensive product from a company and be dealt third class service. No company in this world actually cares about customer service i think.

To be precise no company in India deals Indian customers properly.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I did a clean reset and factory reset but it's still occurring .ah well iOS 8.1 is launching on 20th October..hopefully that will fix this

Top Bottom