Internet Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid_b6505

Broken In
I have two computers at my home. Suddenly some problem has crept up in the other computer which does not have the main internet connection. There are many sites which do not open on that computer such as yahoo, microsoft and all other portals.
Can any one please tell me where may be the problem. I am really in need of some quick help.
Both the computers have Win XP with SP2. One computer has Sify Broadband connection which is shared by other computer.

susk21

Broken In
In which computer exactly the problem is?
Is it main computer or the computer which is sharing connection from main computer?

If it is main computer:
1. If your browser is IE then i think your PC might have spyware or TROJAN!!!
use some spyware and trojan remover and then try!!
also scan whole PC for antivirus.

2. If it is the sub computer then check the connection and if it is OK then try above procedure for this PC too!!!

agnels

Live The Dream!
you tell the ISP help desk about the problem, maybe they have an answer. Sometime back i also had the same problem with sancharnet and the following day it was resolved. The same sites were not opening. I think there is spyware or virus on your computer. Scan you computer using good antivirus software first.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
try disabling ur firewall for a moment and then try to visit these sites. i used to have the same problem. i use airtel bb connection and installed sygate personal firewall. if i try to open my hotmail a/c wid firewall on. the page never appear but if i disable firewall, then everything works fine. the above problem exists in both 98 n XP. i dont whether is a bug or something else.

but never had any problem wid sify bb

shaunak

Tux Fan
i think this is caused due to spyware infecting one of the comp which is facing problems.
edit: i dont think the windows firewall will block out msn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom