IndieCity launched - Steam for Indie games ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Downloadable Indie games website IndieCity has been launched with the full launch scheduled on 14 December 2011. It offers a downloadable client like Steam, so this can be your one stop destination for your Indie games. The client has some unique features like downloading demos automatically which the service think players will enjoy (go, waste your bandwidth) and an Underground section (not yet live) where gamers can check out unfinished games/single level games/alpha version etc. and give feedback to developers, similar to Minecraft, pay for development. Currently, the games are few but expect it to grow bigger by the time its ready for a full launch.

Hopefully, next HIB and IRB would bundle keys redeemable at IndieCity.

Check here: *store.indiecity.com/games

Also check this interview of Chris Swan, co-founder:- Gamasutra - News - Interview: Why IndieCity Is More Than Just An Indies-Only Steam

Krow

Crowman
I am looking forward to this. Since my Steam only has indie games anyway. Hopefully it will have a linux client soon enough.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well Desura is already the Steam for Indie games + a superb client for Mods hosted by ModDB. And it has clients for Windows and Linux and OS X (not sure OS X client is out yet, will be eventually).
This one has to be extra special, least of which is a good Linux client at least in my perspective, and of course Humble Humble/Indie Royale keys will help.
Great for Linux gaming though, we'll have another nice client, and hopefully more incentive for devs to port their games to our favourite platform.

Krow

Crowman
Yeah my point is it is encouraging to see Indie devs catering to Linux when the biggies mostly do not. Another client will help for sure. Hopefully it gets hib keys. And if it runs good Christmas sales, then great. :))

Top Bottom