Indian/non-mainstream brand mobiles discussion

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In general people in this forum diss Indian branded phones although in most cases for good reasons. But we see from the market figures that there are plenty of people who buy those. I hope this thread will be the place where such users can discuss things without being hit on.

I have been looking to replace my wife's ageing Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman. Her criteria include a big screen. I want a good screen. Good battery life. Qualcomm chip. Removable battery. MicroSD expansion. But my budget is limited. So I am looking at Indian brands too. (In spite of me being against buying products with crap service backup) In this case I expect the phone to be cheap so that if something goes wrong and it cannot be easily repaired I could just throw it and buy another.

I like the Hive UI and the web presentation behind it. If the people who actually do the coding are half as good as those who did the website, I expect great things from them.

I really hope at least one Indian brand manufacturer preferably Xolo wakes up and reduces the number of models instead concentrating on model lifetime and service. Look at Hero Honda vs. Bajaj. Although Bajaj tried with many technical advancements it could not unseat Hero Honda with its geriatric CD100/Splendour and their cosmetic upgrades for ages.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Why do the Indian phone brands subdivide phone storage arbitrarily into application storage and regular storage and keep application storage ridiculously low such as 800MB even in some cases?

Top Bottom