In India, LED TV price wars are now going the smartphone way

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
In India, LED TV price wars are now going the smartphone way - Moneycontrol.co

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why is this even a news? Prices here have always been 1.5 times to that of the international markets. Lowering them to 1.25x isn't much of a difference.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Its ok. Slight price drops are also welcome here.

I have heard that manufacturing electronics like TV, smartphones or laptop, though bring down the cost, also take a significant fall in quality of those products. Heard alot about Dell laptops.

So how else we can expect the prices to come down here in India??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Its ok. Slight price drops are also welcome here.

I have heard that manufacturing electronics like TV, smartphones or laptop, though bring down the cost, also take a significant fall in quality of those products. Heard alot about Dell laptops.

So how else we can expect the prices to come down here in India??

Whether they assemble the item in India (for "Made in India") or import it, the cost they incur is the same as it would be for international markets.

Just an example, Dell India still sells older 650$ laptops for 80k+ having inferior quality and they have no intention of bringing newer models for the same USA Price.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Why is this even a news? Prices here have always been 1.5 times to that of the international markets. Lowering them to 1.25x isn't much of a difference.
Price drops on major brands are always welcome. Stops inflow of scrappy brands. Although I am still waiting for a price drop on Philips brand.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom