Huawei Honor 6

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
*img6a.flixcart.com/www/promos/new/20140929-154721-top-banner.jpg

*img6a.flixcart.com/image/mobile/g/d/q/huawei-honor-6-h60-l04-400x400-imaeyawkkdzfd7my.jpeg*img5a.flixcart.com/image/mobile/g/d/q/huawei-honor-6-h60-l04-400x400-imaeyawkz4qukxfb.jpeg

Key Features:
5-inch Touchscreen
Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB
Android v4.4 (KitKat) OS
Wi-Fi Enabled
13 MP Primary Camera
5 MP Secondary Camera
1.7 GHz Kirin 920 Octa Core Processor

Price: Rs 20k

amjath

Human Spambot
This phone definitely caught my attention, reviews are all positive

Pros:

Battery, its technology and its battery saving app
Top notch Camera big plus
Flagship quality CPU, GPU
Design
Connectivity
Software custmisation is no gimmick

3 things are big letdown/ answered not properly

1. Is the display protected by Crnng Gorilla Glass 3?? huaweimobileshop.com says no
2. No OIS for rear camera, Dont tell me I'm whining here considering the price and all, Its their flagship period.
3. Driver Support for their new processor and custom ROM support?

- - - Updated - - -

Some reviews pointed that it takes stunning pictures. Feast yourself with this review

Huawei Honor 6 Review: new flagship smartphone with Kirin 920 octa-core processor | GizmoChina – China Phones, Tablets , Gadgets News And Review

- - - Updated - - -

*techpp.com/2014/09/30/huawei-honor-6-review/

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
This phone definitely caught my attention, reviews are all positive

Pros:

Battery, its technology and its battery saving app
Top notch Camera big plus
Flagship quality CPU, GPU
Design
Connectivity
Software custmisation is no gimmick

3 things are big letdown/ answered not properly

1. Is the display protected by Crnng Gorilla Glass 3?? huaweimobileshop.com says no
2. No OIS for rear camera, Dont tell me I'm whining here considering the price and all, Its their flagship period.
3. Driver Support for their new processor and custom ROM support?

- - - Updated - - -

Some reviews pointed that it takes stunning pictures. Feast yourself with this review

Huawei Honor 6 Review: new flagship smartphone with Kirin 920 octa-core processor | GizmoChina – China Phones, Tablets , Gadgets News And Review

- - - Updated - - -

Huawei Honor 6 Review: Flagship Like Experience at an Affordable Price

Well the price is 20k, they have to cut corners somewhere, does any sub20k phone have OIS ? let me know ,it could be an expensive addon , perhaps we will be able to see it more in the next gen of mid tier phones
and Ascend series were the flagship phones of Huawei till now, wasnt it? P6 comes to mind, and this phone doesnt have their latest soc either ,which is kirin 925 and found in ascend mate 7

im not sure about custom rom and all , being a custom soc , they may not be releasing much documentation, like exynos etc
the bootloader seems unlockable though, there is a thread in Xda

amjath

Human Spambot
Well the price is 20k, they have to cut corners somewhere, does any sub20k phone have OIS ? let me know ,it could be an expensive addon , perhaps we will be able to see it more in the next gen of mid tier phones
and Ascend series were the flagship phones of Huawei till now, wasnt it? P6 comes to mind, and this phone doesnt have their latest soc either ,which is kirin 925 and found in ascend mate 7

im not sure about custom rom and all , being a custom soc , they may not be releasing much documentation, like exynos etc
the bootloader seems unlockable though, there is a thread in Xda
I said forget the price look in flagship perspective never mind.

I checked xda for boot loader related thread, yes it unlockable but no word on cm

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah i got it, its just that even among flagship phones OIS hasnt made much inroads even iphone 6 has only digital ,motox doesnt have it too nor does OPO/Mi4
the cheapest phone with OIS is nexus 5? isnt it?
When you look at all those chinese cheap smart phones , there isnt much phones with OIS , must be related to its cost
Well my impression is , this is good mid ranger phone , defintely not a flagship contender
AnandTech | Huawei Honor 6 Review
the review realy pushes it to the limit

amjath

Human Spambot
^ I downgrade this device to Mid range phone after reading this review, So 20k is not justified, ~15k should be the price

Huawei has many innovation in Honor 6 like battery technology, Display downgrade as per user interest to save 20% battery etc but the device is not delivered much to support it.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy says "mediocre camera" other says it is great. Looking at the picture I have to disagree with anandtech

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Here you go another review from c4etech
Huawei Honor 6 Review (Octa Core | 5" Full HD | 3GB RAM) - YouTube

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Its coming soon in Flipkart

and they list Gorilla Glass 3

Flipkart Thematic Store

Q: Is the GPU Mali T628MP4 better than Adreno 330?

I am waiting for Mi4 and if this phone outshines Mi4 then I will change my mind :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go another review from c4etech
Huawei Honor 6 Review (Octa Core | 5" Full HD | 3GB RAM) - YouTube

Hmm..its Gorilla glass display
and reviewers says India variant will have single SIM (this is sad) :(

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Nope I don't think it can outshine mi4 in any way, the total performance of sd801 is much more refined than this

amjath

Human Spambot
So there are custom roms for Huawei phones i thought they rarely exists and coz of this reason I never suggested anyone to buy Huawei I better check out XDA

old huawei phones have unofficial ROM support, custom support is questionable in future android updates

abirthedevil

In the zone
The Kirin processor is the only problem here, even if it performs well don't expect very many major android updates in the long run and almost no support when it comes to custom ROM's so you are stuck with funky UI Huawei decide to throw at you.

Kirin processor is good, but it wins over Snapdragon 801 only in Antutu. And most of the "real world benchmarks" are kinda affected by RAM too, and since this runs on 3GB, performance gets a good boost and Kirin takes all the credit.(Other snapdragons tested had 2 GB ram).
On the other hand it loses a lot on graphic benchmarks, due to the Malit604 GPU. Not Kirin's fault tho...

Kirin is like Exynos. Good but not great.

abirthedevil

In the zone
Yea once you use snapdragons you understand the difference, real world performance is so good, no hassles no lag, just works. I dont care for benchmarks these days as mostly all chips manage to stack up the numbers but real world, day to day performance is the key. Btw in my experience exynos chips are pretty bad and are responsible for the problems that plague samsung devices.

Also in response to a previous post- devs dont like dual sim devices thats not true but its just that most devs are based out of US and europe where dual sim devices are hardly available so they can't really develop for devices they dont have. Btw the Honor 6 selling is India is dual sim or single? I believe in china Huawei sell the dual sim version.

Top Bottom