How to host your own CS:GO dedicated Server?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I want to host a CS:GO server and let my friends connect to it. Need help!
Will the following guides work?
*developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers

How do I setup the server?
How to setup port forward?
Bots are allowed but max of only 5 players in each team.

I also need to know if I need to set some hardware resources like 40% of total RAM or something like that.

Last edited:
OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Since I don't want to host competitive game servers, I think I figured out how to host casual servers.
Just had to enable console from the settings and start the match. Now I just need to find out how others can join my game. I don't know how port forwarding works.
my ISP is ACT.

One more thing, after hosting the game, by default it goes into the game. I don't want to play on the PC I host. So that other's game don't lag. Do I need to click Spectate or something?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Just had to enable console from the settings and start the match. Now I just need to find out how others can join my game. I don't know how port forwarding works.
my ISP is ACT.

Port forwarding depends on router, Which brand is your router. I dont feel your ISP would have blocked it.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You want to host locally (LAN) or on the internet?

If you want to host on the internet, you will have to get a server (VPS for example) and install steamcmd on it. Then you can install the CSGO dedicated server, configure and start it.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The router is TP-Link AC1200.

I am hosting it on internet. Can't I install steamcmd on another PC make it a dedicated server?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can. If you are installing on Windows you can also install the server from Steam under the tools section.

You can also install steamcmd on Windows.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You can. If you are installing on Windows you can also install the server from Steam under the tools section.

You can also install steamcmd on Windows.
alright I will try the tools section first and see how it works. Then I will see steamcmd since it looks a bit complex.

---------

Edit: In tools it shows CS GO SDK. Is this the one you are talking about?

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think so. I will have to check and see since I have not checked the tools section in a long time.

If it's not there then I think you can only use steamcmd.

Top Bottom