How to e-File PAN card?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I just came to know today that there is this thing called e-Filing of PAN card, so that no third party will be able to see my PAN details other than me. But I don't how to do it. Anyone here done the same kindly provide feedback here.

When I go to this site, *incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourPanLink.html and put my surname, name and DOB, it shows me the PAN card number, and some other stuffs too, so any person having the same data will also be able to see my PAN details, I guess that's what e-Filing helps to restrict. But how?

Thanks.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
E-filing is not for PAN card. It is for filing your income tax returns.

If you have sufficient knowledge of matters or willing to learn, you may prepare your own statements in the prescribed format and upload them at that website. I think a printout will also be needed to be mailed later but filing electronically speeds up the processing and gets faster money back if you had excess deductions.

Although the PAN card itself may be visible using minimal details, you need to create a secure password to be able to upload the statement.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh okay. My IT has been maintained by my lawyer, still I have registered on that site, and now I can see all the amounts I have paid so far, nice.
Thanks, I got it, this topic could be closed now.

Top Bottom