how to copy paste in a software which does't allow to do so

bhagat

Right off the assembly line
i've been assigned a task of writing some pages in a offline software but that software is unable to copy and paste

btandss

I have a similar problem. I took an image to make text and then the text won't paste in this software. How to do it? and would they come to know?
What information do you need?

btandss

I took a screenshot of the text and converted it into words but this text won't paste on the software :/

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Pretty sure threads like these are for some random job which pays on basis of words typed and that's why their proprietary software disables copy-paste.

btandss

Pretty sure threads like these are for some random job which pays on basis of words typed and that's why their proprietary software disables copy-paste.
if their software has disabled it, is there any way we can still somehow activate paste function?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
if copy/paste doesn't work in a software then try the import option in it. Many times software has import option to import images and other media files.

btandss

Be respectful and courteous to others. Especially if they are volunteering to help you.
We can't help you unless you explain what you are using and why do you want to copy-paste in it instead of typing yourself.

Google is your friend. If I have to explain it to you, don't you think you are better off just typing the words directly?
Well you never asked before. I would have, had you explained you needed more information.

If I found my answers on google, never would have specially made an account to get help here. And if I could type, won't have asked now would I?

Thanks for your concern. Though next time you could put your opinion in a better way, can't have people thinking you're absolutely mannerless and unprofessional.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
@btandss - As informed by others you need to provide more info. There are several unknows and without knowing these things one can only make a guess.

some questions and pointers for you.

• What is the exact name of the software in which paste is not available? Full Name, Version, Vendor all needs to be known
  • What is the source of the software? Did your employer or some third-party gave it to you?
  • Is it available for download on reputed Internet sites or official vendor site, or some custom made that only you have access to?
  • Where to download it from and is it free/demo/paid/try-before-buy type?
  • Does Windows on-screen keyboard work? Did you check that?
  • Did you try to contact the developer to find out if they have assigned some other shortcut keys for copy-paste? I had worked with a tool called iPlan where Copy-Paste has some different shortcuts than standard Windows ones.
  • Just a thought. Most likely this won’t work but have you tried third-party tools like Hot Virtual Keyboard Download Hot Virtual Keyboard 9.4 - Virtual on-screen keyboard software for Windows which allow you to map a piece of text to a shortcut and with one click transfer the contents to the active text box in Windows? Basically, it changes a single Key to a whole text and then when you press that Key or with some combination key, the written text gets transferred (actually pasted, so I am doubtful) to the intended place e.g. in another app. This is fully functional 30 day trial, so give it try and see if it helps
  • Other option is AutoHot Key (already suggested above). AutoHotkey But it will take some learning curve and not too sure if it can work with whatever app you have. You will have to start with some online guides. At a minimum you need to explore & attempt ‘send’ AHK command & if there’s ‘Enter’ (para break) in your text you need to place {enter} in the script at appropriate places without any actual line breaks Beginner Tutorial | AutoHotkey

Top Bottom