Help me make a decision on Mobile Phone

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hello all,
Thinking of changing my current mobile to another one.

1. Budget?
I don't mind splurging if the cost is justified.

2. Display type and size?

3. Dual sim?
Yes ideally. I have two phone numbers so a dual sim phone would be most preferable.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Although I was leaning towards Apple Im open to all options. I have a MacBook Pro which is the only reason why Ive been considering the iPhone. integration has been a hassle with Android and my Mac .

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
Don't really care about this. Most of family is on Android Devices. I use a MacBook. Main problem I have had so far is interconnectivity between devices. Although asked to use FTP using File Explorer I have yet to get that to work on my Mac and Android Device.

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Phone calls :D , Some work Related stuff email, Work Document Viewing and Editing, Camera usage, Occasional gaming and definitely internet usage.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Ive been looking at the X60 Pro however I just randomly considered it. So basically open to other options.

10. Any other info that you want to share
Battery like would be awesome but I know that getting everything to work out is likely impossible .

Would it be better to wait it out for new products to come out. I haven't been keeping tabs on the current products so not very clear on my options here.
Thanks in advance

Last

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
if you have macbook, then iPhone will be better due to integration. If you want to go for android, then dont spend on Mi/Oppo/vivo/Realme and other chinese brands. Go for samsung like brands.

In general, avoid Oppo & Vivo,a though X60 pro is a good phone on paper. Under 50k, Samsung S20 FE 5G is an easy recommendation:
Compare vivo X60 Pro vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G - GSMArena.com

You have to decide between iPhone vs android. For Apple, iPhone 12 is good. I believe 12 Pro adds nothing major to justify its price for most users.
Compare Apple iPhone 12 vs. Apple iPhone 12 Pro - GSMArena.com
Telephoto isn't required for most.

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
imho Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 is best for document viewing and editing. Fold 3 is coming soon.
I saw an ad for Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 on my Samsung Shop on my phone was curious on how strong the hinges could possibly be and I must say although theres alot of information stating that its strong it definitely leaves me a bit apprehensive about it.

if you have macbook, then iPhone will be better due to integration. If you want to go for android, then dont spend on Mi/Oppo/vivo/Realme and other chinese brands. Go for samsung like brands.

When you say Samsung Like brands is there another option other than Samsung. Just curious are the lower end models worthwhile like the F or A series .

In general, avoid Oppo & Vivo,a though X60 pro is a good phone on paper. Under 50k, Samsung S20 FE 5G is an easy recommendation:
Compare vivo X60 Pro vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G - GSMArena.com

You have to decide between iPhone vs android. For Apple, iPhone 12 is good. I believe 12 Pro adds nothing major to justify its price for most users.
Compare Apple iPhone 12 vs. Apple iPhone 12 Pro - GSMArena.com
Telephoto isn't required for most.
I will definitely look into the Samsung S20 FE 5G . Is the reason this being suggested over the S21 the processor?

Ive been actually thinking of Apple iPhone 12 not sure if there is much noteworthy value in the higher models for me. However after using Android for so long I think Im kind of terrified to make the switch. Should I wait it out for 13 or other models ?

Thanks all for their input.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
When you say Samsung Like brands is there another option other than Samsung. Just curious are the lower end models worthwhile like the F or A series .

Other than smsung, there used to be nokia, but now it is not doing anygood. Other options like Asus, which for some reason is not releasing Zenfone 8 in india, are also good. Google Pixel phones are also good.

The lower end F or A series are good for non-gamers. The processor isnt that capable to run games at very high settings like other brands can at that range.

I will definitely look into the Samsung S20 FE 5G . Is the reason this being suggested over the S21 the processor?

Ive been actually thinking of Apple iPhone 12 not sure if there is much noteworthy value in the higher models for me. However after using Android for so long I think Im kind of terrified to make the switch. Should I wait it out for 13 or other models ?

Thanks all for their input.
Yes, S865 is the reason. S865 runs cooler & sustains performance better than S21's Exynos in heavy games. So literally S21+ is a waste of money over S20 FE 5G IMO for most users.

Top Bottom