Headphone or IEM under 5k

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hi,

I need a new Headphone/IEM with in 5k budget. First of all I'm not sure if I should get an over-the-air or an in-ear type. I'm currently using philips ep630 so it's a serious upgrade that I'm planning. I'm more leaning toward over-the-air type. But my only concern is that if it'll be heavy or uncomfortable for long sessions.

1. IEM or Over-the-ear??

It'll be used mainly for music, movies and casual gaming. I don't need so much positional accuracy (Don't know if it's the term) as in there for a gaming headset. Main preference is good quality music. I don't want too audiophilic kind of modules either, I mean which doesn't have much power or bass. Even though upper limit is 5k, if there's any good ones around 3k then that will do.

2. Suggest Good music quality Headphones with decent bass/power (3k-5k).

Keenly waiting for suggestions. Please ask if any more information is needed. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys... Someone please help...

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestion.... at all....

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Hi,

I need a new Headphone/IEM with in 5k budget. First of all I'm not sure if I should get an over-the-air or an in-ear type. I'm currently using philips ep630 so it's a serious upgrade that I'm planning. I'm more leaning toward over-the-air type. But my only concern is that if it'll be

Creative I believe and not Philips. Get Denon AHD 510 ,best for your requirement if you are using indoors.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Yeah, it's creative... my bad. Anyway is D510 and D510R same? What do you think about in-ear-alternatives?

- - - Updated - - -

How about sennheiser cx 300 II precision? Can circum-aural headphones give as good bass as in-ear modules? And how about sennheiser hd 4X9 series? Also Audio Technica ATH-M20x?? I need the bass to be a bit on the higher side. But it shouldn't be too boomy like in many sony headphones. I hope I'm clear.:-? :)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Denon AHD 310 is perfect if you want bassy sound but didn't overdo it and spoil the midrange and kill the musicality. AHD 510 is far better over the 310 with more finesse in all departments. Don't buy the R models since they are good only with an iPhone. R stands for Remote. Audio Technica athm 20x doesn't do lots of bass or that will excite you.

Top Bottom