GTX 980 + Ryzen 3600

Yeah I've been thinking about it but bring a wire from the living room to mine would not really be possible without it being very disruptive.
I have an extra 2.4Ghz router, can I put it to some use?
Maybe you can make it act as a wifi extender. Search online on how to do it & give it a try. It will worse the latency.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Also got Acer Nitro VG240Y for 13.5k and ordered WD SN550 1TB for 8k.

Considering I'll only buy a SSD once as there's only one slot, I went with the 1tb one(even though my budget got fucked)

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Any cat 5e cable would do? There won't be ping drops if the wire is more than 10metres?

answering late as Didnt got the notification for this.

There will be no loss and drops until 100m. so there is no problem in that. I am myself using 35metres of it, for connecting two floors.

As far as type is concerned, see, Cat 5e can support upto 1000mbps of speed, I would prefer you to buy a spool of 10m.

Do not buy the generic once as they are usually not that good. Instead you can go for D-Link or TP-Link ones. If possible, try to get locally, I got a pair of Dlink 10+15m for 600 locally.

I am also linking a good AmazonBasics one here which you can buy as its price is reasonable.

*www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-Cat-5e-...cat5e+cable&qid=1611226776&s=computers&sr=1-5

Some local computer shops have LAN cables with them, say the length, they will give you that much long wire with male ports on both sides.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Also I just noticed that my pc isn't giving out display on bios and everything with the Acer Monitor, after pressing the power button the display turns off and on twice and I'm directly into windows. Any help?

Also I just noticed that my pc isn't giving out display on bios and everything with the Acer Monitor, after pressing the power button the display turns off and on twice and I'm directly into windows. Any help?
Was it working earlier?
Did you check the cables?
Did you plug the display cable to GPU & not mobo?
Did you try with old monitor?

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Was it working earlier?
Did you check the cables?
Did you plug the display cable to GPU & not mobo?
Did you try with old monitor?
No no, it wasn't working with the Acer Monitor earlier. It works fine with my tv though. I'm using the Display port on my Acer Monitor and HDMI for my tv.
It's connected to gpu only.

No no, it wasn't working with the Acer Monitor earlier. It works fine with my tv though. I'm using the Display port on my Acer Monitor and HDMI for my tv.
It's connected to gpu only.
Strange. I have the same monitor, I can't see BIOS for my laptop but can see it if connect to a desktop.

Are you using both your TV & monitor at the same time? If yes, then it's possible that it's taking your TV as primary display & showing BIOS info in that.

Maybe try steps mentioned here:
Post Screen/BIOS doesn't display with DisplayPort

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Strange. I have the same monitor, I can't see BIOS for my laptop but can see it if connect to a desktop.

Are you using both your TV & monitor at the same time? If yes, then it's possible that it's taking your TV as primary display & showing BIOS info in that.

No I'm using a single monitor setup only. Was using my tv earlier when I didn't have the monitor. I'll check out the link. Seems promising.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

Worked for me, had CSM disabled by default, enabling it did it, thanks a lot!! :))

Top Bottom