Graphics Problem Nvidia 6100

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhix

Broken In
Hello ppl
My friend has an AMD AM2 based computer and MSI K9NGM motherboard with Nvidia 6100 chipset... The problem is Open GL doesn seem to be supported and hence OpenGL games have to be played with software mode enabled... Not all games have this option so... Also the Direct 3D test fails and not all games run... Latest drivers are installed. Wat could be the problem? Will Windows reinstall help? Or should a new graphics card solve the problem?

Thanks

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
sudhix said:
Hello ppl
My friend has an AMD AM2 based computer and MSI K9NGM motherboard with Nvidia 6100 chipset... The problem is Open GL doesn seem to be supported and hence OpenGL games have to be played with software mode enabled... Not all games have this option so... Also the Direct 3D test fails and not all games run... Latest drivers are installed. Wat could be the problem? Will Windows reinstall help? Or should a new graphics card solve the problem?

Thanks

man download the latest forceware drivers from nvidia site and the try it out...its most probably due to adriver problem!!!

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
sudhix said:
Wat are force ware drivers??? can u help me with the link plsss

there u go with the link
*www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

1:sel geforce drivers
2:select geforce and tnt
3:select ur OS!

OP
S

sudhix

Broken In
The latest forceware drivers have been installed... still no solution... ne other ideas...
wat bout win reinstall??

Cheers

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
did u try reinstalling directx 9c again??
becoz if the prob is not wid the driverrs then it is most prbably with directx!!!

try and post real soon!!

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
sudhix said:
Hi
Yes directx 9.0 has been installed, still the problem persists... Ne other ideas???

did u reinstall it ????

if the prob persists even after reinstalling direct x ...then im afraind u dont have any other choice other than reinstalling the OS!

OP
S

sudhix

Broken In
Yep Directx was reinstalled... Ill try to reinstall Windows Hope it works...
Will get bak soon

Cheers

OP
S

sudhix

Broken In
Ok the latest is:

The latest drivers and forceware drivers have been installed. Also latest version of directx 9 has been installed after a fresh installation on WinXP. When attempting to play games like Fifa05, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Counter Strike CZ, the screen blanks out. Then jagged, pixelated image/video of the game begins, virtually not watchable as most of the screen is blank. This is with direct3d and direct draw enabled in dxdiag. General movies/Videos play only when direc3d and direct draw is disabled. Videos are pixelated and have greenish tinge and basically horrible when direct3d and direct draw is enabled. Its not a software problem in case of videos. The test of direct3d and direct draw fails with the foll result:

No rectangles or Cubes were drawn.
DirectDraw test results: Failure at step 5 (User verification of rectangles): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Im virtually clueless how to solve this... Is it a graphic problem as it appears to be or something els. Will buying a Graphics card help? Or should the motherboard be changed?

Cheers

assasin

Banned
I think theres a prob with the onboarrd gfx chipset.If ur mobos is still in warranty then get it replaced,else get a new gfx card.wat is the temp of ur mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom