Gmail is trash tier now - Gmail signups disabled on the forum due to spammers.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Inb4 someone asks, no, I am not drunk, I am completely sober. However, what I am is absolutely livid at the number of spammers I have to deal with everyday here on the forum. And what grinds my gears even more is that almost all of them come with gmail accounts.

Given my busy schedule, I have fallen behind on cleaning up all recent spammers and to stop even more coming in, I will have to block signups via gmail for the time being. It will remain so until I cleanup a couple months worth of spammers. So, if you are one of these guys who want to signup via gmail and see a "email not allowed" or some such message, this is the reason.

If any of you are not spammers and want to join the forum, sorry for the inconvenience and I hope that gmail will be allowed soon.

PS: While this post is mostly about gmail, I also deal with other nefarious email domains. A lot of them are already blacklisted.

PPS: I will be monitoring recent signups and other email providers might also get blocked. If that happens I will post here. I wish I could temporarily block signups altogether but well, I don't have that privilege.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sorry, I was not clear. I was talking about spammers on the forum. I have edited the post to specify that.

As for what you have posted.I have set a filter to disallow such emails that have a discriminator when people sign up here. Spammers used to use this to make accounts here but they can no longer do so.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sorry, I was not clear. I was talking about spammers on the forum. I have edited the post to specify that.

As for what you have posted.I have set a filter to disallow such emails that have a discriminator when people sign up here. Spammers used to use this to make accounts here but they can no longer do so.
lol oops

Top Bottom