GeForce 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Conqueror

As of July 2007, NVIDIA discussed in interviews the next generation GeForce products, that will be available at 4Q07: [3]
  • Close to 1 TFLOPS operation[3]
  • 65 nm fabrication process [3]
  • The double precision arithmetics hardware support, announced in the NVIDIA CUDA 0.8 release notes, will mostly be exclusively available to the Tesla and Quadro brands.
  • DirectX 10.1 support
  • OpenGL 3.0 support
  • HDMI output
  • Integrated audio controller similar to the implementation found on all Radeon HD 2000 series video cards.
  • More details on *www.geforce9.com/
  • This chip will be refresh of slowest model in NVIDIA offer. Cards with G98 (D8M) are still named GF 8400GS, because changes aren`t numerous. What`s new?
    - Support of HDMI and Dual Link HDCP (propably with using some chip)
    - 65nm produce technology
    - PCI-Express 2.0
    - full VC-1 decode
    Most important is that, G98 provide full VC-1 decode. First NVIDIA card with this. That`s mean, on boxes we will see PureVideo 3 logos. Clocks are this same, 450/900/400MHz (GPU/Shade/Mem) and used memory: 256MB DDR2, 64bit. TDP of all card will not be more than 30W.
    First samples of this low-profile card should be already yet. WHQL driver will be finish in 7th November.
SOURCE - Wikipedia.org and geforce9.com

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Will it support FullScreen Video in Secondary Monitor?

I wonder what you guys are doing with the HDTV out in Geforce 8 without Fullscreen Playback?

OP
T

The Conqueror

VideoEditingIndia said:
Will it support FullScreen Video in Secondary Monitor?

Yes it will support Full Screen video.

I dont use HDTV out.I have also not yet purchased 8800 gtx as it may not remain top-end solution for a long time . Waiting for GeForce 9.

VideoEditingIndia

Yes it will support Full Screen video.

Any source/proof? If sure,I will be the first to buy it. (This is the only reson still I am using my old Quadro, EVEN FOR GAMES, because Geforce 8 series won't support FULL Screen Video)

OP
T

The Conqueror

No proof about geforce 9 but there is a graphics card that supports full screen HDTV out - *cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Geforce-FX-5500-2...2866404QQihZ010QQcategoryZ40161QQcmdZViewItem
New 64-phase Video Scaler
Highest quality for scaling DVD and other video to full-screen HDTV resolutions.

VideoEditingIndia

Man, Upto Geforce 79XX Nvidia supports 'FULLSCREEN Video' on secondary Monitor/TV.

But they stopped this facility in Geforce 8. None of the Geforce 8 series cards supprot ths. But ATI does.

I wonder if they activate it again in Geforce 9. Otherwise I will satu with Quadro FX.

OP
T

The Conqueror

W i d e S c r e e N said:
Which cables do u guys use to connect the card to HDTV
does it gives 1080p?
The cables that come with the card, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom