Gaming PC under ₹1 Lac

sohan_92

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Gaming (Witcher, modded Skyrim, Starfield, PoE also NextGen RPG MMORPG and Indie Games), Multimedia ( movies, YouTube), Heavy Web Browsing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 1 lac, can extend 10k more unless it is a deal breaker

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10/ 11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: minimum 512 GB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: I have hp e24i g4 24" 16:10 ratio monitor. It is primarily I used for office monitor. But not sure how good it is for gaming. I can go for another monitor with minimum 24" screen (16:9) Full HD with HDR10 support. Also 4K is optional.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: already have 2TB HDD and UPS. Also Speakers, keyboard and mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within one month. Can wait for few more weeks if market prices are going to get reduced.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bengaluru. Buying Locally. Please suggest a good shop to purchase.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: NA.

Last edited:
115k build - R5 7600 + RX 7900GRE
pcpricetracker.in/b/s/6610383d-590c-4edc-b2a9-028d1e082bfd

100k rig: R5 5600 + 7900 GRE
pcpricetracker.in/b/s/a549ebbf-987f-4b1c-808b-c471e3c231dc
This will be CPU bottlenecked at high fps gaming, say 100+fps on newer heavy games

K_akash_i

In the zone
Cpu - Ryzen 5 7600 - 18.5k
mobo - Asrock B650M-HDV/M.2 - 13.1k
RAM- Gskill ripjaws S5 cl30 6000MHZ - 10.4k
Storage - Wd Blue Sn580 1TB - 6k
PSU - MSI A750GL - 7.6k
Cooler - Deepcool Ak620 - 5.8k (mdcomp)
--------------
Total - 61.4k
GPU - radeon 7900GRE - 54k (mdcomp)

That mobo is pretty good, it's a dual channel motherboard, but if you want quad channel you d have to spend a bit more for the pro rs or msi B650M-A wifi.
G skill ripjaws S5 - non RGB so a bit cheaper than the RGB ones.
You can reduce total cost by opting for 512gb SSD
I found 750watt more than adequate for the build.
You can further reduce cost by opting for 7800xt which reduces the cost by 2k.
Buying this and spending extra 1k for the 7600x is good as well.

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Thank you. Can you please review my questionnaire on monitor too ? Should I buy a new one? If yes, what is your recommendation?

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
115k build - R5 7600 + RX 7900GRE

100k rig: R5 5600 + 7900 GRE
pcpricetracker.in/b/s/a549ebbf-987f-4b1c-808b-c471e3c231dc
This will be CPU bottlenecked at high fps gaming, say 100+fps on newer heavy games
Cpu - Ryzen 5 7600 - 18.5k
mobo - Asrock B650M-HDV/M.2 - 13.1k
RAM- Gskill ripjaws S5 cl30 6000MHZ - 10.4k
Storage - Wd Blue Sn580 1TB - 6k
PSU - MSI A750GL - 7.6k
Cooler - Deepcool Ak620 - 5.8k (mdcomp)
--------------
Total - 61.4k
GPU - radeon 7900GRE - 54k (mdcomp)

That mobo is pretty good, it's a dual channel motherboard, but if you want quad channel you d have to spend a bit more for the pro rs or msi B650M-A wifi.
G skill ripjaws S5 - non RGB so a bit cheaper than the RGB ones.
You can reduce total cost by opting for 512gb SSD
I found 750watt more than adequate for the build.
You can further reduce cost by opting for 7800xt which reduces the cost by 2k.
Buying this and spending extra 1k for the 7600x is good as well.
Also, can you please suggest good place to purchase these components in Bengaluru?

K_akash_i

In the zone
I believe what you have is a 60hz 1920*1200, ips monitor. You should probably get a 1440p monitor as the current specs should easily do 1440p gaming.
AOC Q27G3XMN seems to be that one entry level hdr monitor that's suggested alot. ( I don't know if it's even available in our country). Even monitors unboxed channel suggests this as a budget starting point. It's sweet spot seems to be 1440p 165hz.
I don't really know much about monitors, I'll update the message as I find more options.

Last edited:
OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Ankit Infotech, PCStudio is their online website
Thanks. Are their online and offline prices same?

And it seems the cabinet is out of stock. Do you have any suggestions on alternate case.

Also, what is the recommended UPS for this setup? I have APC 600VA. Not sure it is compatible or not. I just need 5-10 mins to shut down the system.

Last edited:
OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
I believe what you have is a 60hz 1920*1200, ips monitor. You should probably get a 1440p monitor as the current specs should easily do 1440p gaming.
AOC Q27G3XMN seems to be that one entry level hdr monitor that's suggested alot. ( I don't know if it's even available in our country). Even monitors unboxed channel suggests this as a budget starting point. It's sweet spot seems to be 1440p 165hz.
I don't really know much about monitors, I'll update the message as I find more options.
Thanks. It seems it is not available in India.

Take a look at this LG UltraGear 27 inch Quad HD IPS Panel with HDR10, AMD Free Sync Premium Compatible, 3-side virtually borderless design Gaming Monitor (27GR75Q-B.ATR) on Flipkart
*dl.flipkart.com/s/zbl_h1uuuN

*www.pcstudio.in/product/msi-g27cq4-e2-27-inch-curved-wqhd-gaming-monitor/

Will any of these good? I may have to extend my budget or buy later on next month.

Thanks. Are their online and offline prices same?

And it seems the cabinet is out of stock. Do you have any suggestions on alternate case.

Also, what is the recommended UPS for this setup? I have APC 600VA. Not sure it is compatible or not. I just need 5-10 mins to shut down the system.
APC BX1100 is the minimum I recommend.

What cabinet is OOS and where?

BTW I got a very minimal discount offline paying via UPI vs purchasing online. Maybe try using SBI cashback card online & pickup at store or ask them to assemble it via phone & pay online.

Sorry. I should have quoted it. I was referring to your earlier build recommendation.

I see it in stock

Alternatives, small & smaller option, both support mATX mobo & ATX PSU:
www.pcstudio.in/product/ant-esports-air-mini-mesh-m-atx-mini-tower-cabinet-with-tempered-glass-side-panel-white/
www.pcstudio.in/product/ant-esports-box-c-air-m-atx-mid-tower-cabinet-grey/?srsltid=AfmBOoqdmKQUNDIQlfofAs8r4rGd_j6an4yzJPDJu3PXc5W289ob2c8P

K_akash_i

In the zone
Thanks. It seems it is not available in India.

Take a look at this LG UltraGear 27 inch Quad HD IPS Panel with HDR10, AMD Free Sync Premium Compatible, 3-side virtually borderless design Gaming Monitor (27GR75Q-B.ATR) on Flipkart

Will any of these good? I may have to extend my budget or buy later on next month.
They look just about right, I'll check around a bit more. That lg ug looks pretty accurate for what you are looking for.

Top Bottom