Gaming on led tv

evilwit

Journeyman
hey guys i am planning to buy a 32in led hd/fhd tv and a gaming laptop for myself...
actually what's in my head is that i will connect the laptop to the tv and play movies and games on it...
so my question is will i be able to do that?
like when playing games and movies i want the TV screen and speakers work and laptop speakers and screen should be turned off mode(games should run)(audio and video should run on only on the tv)
i have read somewhere when playing games on big screen in good resolution,frames rates becomes very sh!tty!!!is it true???how much capacity of graphic card is required in playing latest games in good resolution????is 2 gb dd3 enough?or 1 gb ddr5?

if in some some condition i will not be able to play games or movies on tv.....which console should i go for?ps3 or x box?i will play all type of games...cr@acked games wise which console is better?whose games data is usually is smaller?thanks

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Have been using my TV to play games for quite some time now, so it's definitely possible. Will try to answer your questions one by one

1. connect TV to laptop using and HDMI cable, this will transfer both audio and sound to the TV (and turn off the same on the laptop as required).

2.If you want to connect a separate set of speakers to the TV then you'll have to look for a TV that has an audio out (not that common). Although a better option would be to connect your speakers directly to your laptop (a very good idea if you are getting 5.1 speakers)

3. Running games at full HD and with all the bells and whistles will require a good graphics card, and that is not dependent only on the RAM amount. Just read up on the benchmarks of the laptop's graphics card and the laptop before you buy it. Can't help more since you haven't given a budget, but I'm using a Dell XPS (i7, Nvidia 640M) to game.

4. Invest in a wireless keyboard and mouse combo (and preferably a bean bag:))). It adds a lot to the gaming experience

Top Bottom