g6 2005ax display driver shut down and failed to re-start

dheeraj_k5

New to this forum
Hi,

With no hardware and OS change since the laptop was bought, and working fine for two years, my hp notebook g6-2005ax shuts down automatically with a bluescreen message ...."Display driver was shut down and did not re-start..".

I tried re-starting my notebook, but i could hear only the fan running with no display on screen whatsoever. After about 2-3 hrs or so when i again turned on my system it worked fine. i logged in in safe mode transferred some files to a pen drive, shut down the system properly. Again when i tried turning it on the fan started running with no display again!!.

I took the system to the local service centre, where the engineers replied that the hardware graphics ic has some problem, it needs to be changed which would require a change of the AMD processor and the mother-board aswell. They also suggested to change the board and processor to Intel i3 or i5 processor. I am clueless as to what should i do.

The laptop was working essentially fine for the last 2 years since i bought it, except for the high heat it vented off and a couple of shutdowns due to over heating!

Have others faced similar problem with the model? How to verify if the service engineers have diagnosed the correct problem?If not What may be the actual problem and how to solve it?

Top Bottom