flickerin` problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey there
yesterday i bought my new kickass video card....
nVidia XFX GeForce 5200 FX TV out 128 DDR card....
it really plays the NFSU2 game smoothly...
but when i load some other games like FIFA 2005 or ACT of WAR demo... the screen starts to flicker from here and there... but the games are fully playble... with full grafix detail.... i recently got the latest drivers from the nvidia site.....
PLEASE help me..... :(
PS: NSFU2 - Need For Speed Underground 2

Sourabh

Laptoping
well its flickering coz u are playing the game at high resolution

ur graphic card is more than capable of playing it at high resolution but ur monitor most probably doesnt support high refresh rates at those resolutions

post the model no. of ur monitor for more info

krishnathelord

In the zone
Sourabh said:
ur graphic card is more than capable of playing it at high resolution but ur monitor most probably doesnt support high refresh rates at those resolutions

post the model no. of ur monitor for more info

ur are right the problem is with the monitor, it may be and old one :wink:

valtea

In the zone
try to setthe monitor refresh rat at something bigger than 75Hz as swatkat has told you.
Id the number is not available then try to set the resolution a little less maybe 800X600. Make sure that you click the Hide the modes that my monitor does not support. If that checkbox is not available then Just select 75Hz

Warning : if your monitor does not support the above then you will not be able to boot sucessfully. To fix that press F8 while booting and select Safe mode and then change the refresh rate back.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
the refresh rate for my monitor is set to 60Hz.....
resolution: 1024X768.....
its a compaq monitor and has 5500 written on one corner... i cant find the monitor name from the device manager....

.... wait a sec.... does the driver version matter??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now wait a sec.. now i tried every resolution and every refresh rate for my monitor... but its the same..... actually to be precize i shoud say... not the entire monitor flickers some random parts of it do that....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
another interesting thing is that when i tried to record the screenplay of the game to show the prob. to you guys.... the flickerin wasn't there in the video... the video was recorded in .avi format.... this is really pi$$ing me off.... are u sure there is a prob with the moitor...?

aadipa

Padawan
You need to install correct monitor drivers along with video card drivers for some games to detect correct monitor resolution and refresh rate it will work on.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
ok ok.... i think i had a disk here and there which came with the monitor.... i never used it..... i'll use it......and try....

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
mario_pant said:
the refresh rate for my monitor is set to 60Hz.....
resolution: 1024X768.....

bring down the resolution to 800*600 nd refresh rate to 75....
if u cant see nything in the refresh rate menu except 60 then u need to
find that disc of urs.. u have a compaq monitor ???
better chek out at their site >>

*welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

F

FilledVoid

Hi ,
IM not sure if this is an updated driver. But it might be helpful

*www.monitor-drivers.com/drivers/114/114400.htm

Also I dont think many people like the monitor either

*dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/dotnetrolando/archive/2004/12/02/34700.aspx

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
hey i think i found the problem....... the monitor is still running on the microsoft drivers despite that i have installed the compaq ones..... uff...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTHING IS IMPROVING THAT WAVVY FLICKERIN`!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom