Fixed focus camera phones must die

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
These days low cost phones like Lumia 530 and Moto E have fixed focus cameras to cut costs but why dont these companies use Nokia's full focus technology for their low cost phones ?
Damian Dinning on Nokia’s Full Focus Cameras - Conversations
Rather than equip phones with terrible fixed focus lens if manufacturer use this Nokia technology used in phones like Nokia C7,701 etc then we will get better closeup shots. I don't understand why fixed focus cams are still being used in 2014 when even phones from 2006 had autofocus.

- - - Updated - - -

Duplicate thread created by mistake.Mods please delete this thread.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The Nokia Full Focus technology was terrible for close up shots. So much so that some could not even read bar codes.

It would be rather better to have low cost proper autofocus modules than that crap.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I agree. After buying Moto E I came to know about this fixed focus limitation. It baffled me out of my wits!
Phones with fixed focus camera should die.

OP
mohit9206

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
The Nokia Full Focus technology was terrible for close up shots. So much so that some could not even read bar codes.

It would be rather better to have low cost proper autofocus modules than that crap.
Yes but how much does giving autofocus actually cost these companies?

I agree. After buying Moto E I came to know about this fixed focus limitation. It baffled me out of my wits!
Phones with fixed focus camera should die.
Yes i switched from Lumia 520 to Moto E and the camera is a big disappointment.Lumia autofocus worked so well it's hard to go back to fixed focus.Also image quality was better in Lumia.

Top Bottom