Find me a laptop for maindly reading and coding.

monsur

Broken In
) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Max 70K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Anything in the range of 14-16 inches.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Reading pdfs, Browsing, Coding and Basic stuff.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Anything that gets the job well done.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: Dell
b. Dislike: Everything else.
I would like to add, this is scrictly based on Internet research and not any personal experience. I have found horror stories about almost every brand. Dell as well, but far less. So in that respect i do not have special love/hate for any brand at all. Your insights are welcome.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) Higher the better. 16:10 aspect ratio is really preferable.
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) Excellent batter back up is a top priority.
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) I am inclined towards getting it from a local shop in kolkata(suggestions would be nice). Also i dont mind getting it from Amazon. No flipkart though.

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-Vivobook-OLED-14-inch-35-56/dp/B0B31KLNJF/
This is another option that caught my eye. With OLEDs, if you use screensaver & keep taskbar to autohide, you should be fine IMO. OLED tech has matured a lot, still better to take some precautions against burn-ins than be sorry later.

OP
M

monsur

Broken In
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-Vivobook-OLED-14-inch-35-56/dp/B0B31KLNJF/
This is another option that caught my eye. With OLEDs, if you use screensaver & keep taskbar to autohide, you should be fine IMO. OLED tech has matured a lot, still better to take some precautions against burn-ins than be sorry later.
How long before burn in occurs in OLEDs ?
Also is Asus as a brand reliable ? I mean all i have found is horror stories about their pathetic service. This 10 years ago i am talking about. A bit of search now tells me that they have been replaced by MSI and Asus is now the second worst.
Also i am finding it so difficult to zero down to a product. With so manty options and so many variable to take care of. Are all manufacturers same at the 'chip-level' ? And therefore i shouldnt care about the 'brand' and look for better specs and quality build and service ...etc ?

Burn in depends on usage, more like displaying same stuff on it all the time.

Asus is a big brand, I would say its customer support experience is 2nd or 3rd worst along with Acer. MSI is top. List excludes brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Nokia, etc, which are worse than MSI.

Motherboard is a key component & cheap companies like Realme can cheap out here, along with battery & other stuff. Better stick to the big 5 laptop companies - Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer & Asus.

Top Bottom