File Sharing between XP & W7

ParryD

Broken In
Hi,

I am trying to use the network through wireless router between my Desktop (XP Pro SP3) & Laptop (Win 7 Pro). Able to view my shared folders & printers in each of the PC's but am not able to access them. Getting the following error messages respectively;

Desktop (XP Pro SP3) - Network Name 1234
\\ABCD\Documents is not accessible. You might not have the permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied.

Laptop (Win 7 Pro) - Network Name ABCD
Network Error
Windows cannot access \\1234\Documents

You do not have permission to access \\1234\Documents. Contact your network administrator to request access.

Additional Info:
1) Windows Resource Tool Kit is installed on Desktop (XP Pro). And have entered the following commands:
net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

2) No 3rd Party Firewall software is being used. Have allowed File and Printer Sharing in Windows Firewall on both PC's.

3) Previous my laptop was networked with my desktop. But this is a new desktop. My laptop was in perfect sync with the network with my previous desktop (XP Pro SP2).

Pls assist in resolving this issue.

S_V

In the zone
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

try to remove password protection sharing, Turn on file and print sharing, turn on network discovery...

check now

Top Bottom