Due to Thunderstorm No Signal in iGPU, Pls Suggest Graphics card for given Config.

rahuleyes

Broken In
My Current Config
Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212X CPU COOLER
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 MOBO
Hyperx Fury 8GBx2=16GB RAM
Samsung 970 Evo Series - 250GB PCIE NVME - M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (MZ-V7E250BW) SSD
Antec VP550P v2 PSU
Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Internal SATA Hard Drive (ST4000VN008) Hard drive
Another Seagate 2 TB Hard drive
Another Seagate 1 TB Hard drive
Deepcool Tesseract SW Mid Tower Cabinet
LG 22MP68VQ-P Monitor

Due to thunderstorm (bijli giri yahan bijli giri) few of my components are dead. Dead component list as following
1. TP Link Archer C1200 router (which is out of warranty, so i bought new router)
2. LG 22MP68VQ-P (which is under warranty, only a month left of 3 years warranty, lucky I am, replacement/repair under process)
so first I borrowed another working monitor to check if my computer components are working fine.
3. Display gone from iGPU (intel HD Graphics 4600) , No signal to monitor. (For this, I did everything I can, reset cmos, changed cable, update bios, nothing worked) so I added very old Palit 9500GT graphics card via VGA cable and Display came back. As far as i understand, Rest of the components are working fine.
So I need some cheap graphics card with HDMI output, which can handle my regular work, am not gamer but sometimes I play Asphalt 9 legends which was working fine with iGPU.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Office work, Browsing, Multitasking, Lots of work in Excel, Photoshop, Corel, Little bit gaming like Asphalt 9 and probably some similar games in future.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 5-7k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have HDD and M.2

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: CPU, CPU COOLER, MOBO, RAM, HDD, PSU, CABINET, MONITOR, KEYBOARD, MOUSE.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: YES

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: AHMEDABAD

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I just need some decent and cheap graphics card for my current config mentioned above, which can handle Photoshop/corel/Excel kind of work and little bit low/mid range gaming too. ASLO keep in mind that my SSD is Ultra M.2. I dont remember exactly but I read somewhere about PCIe lanes which graphics card and Ultra M.2 SSD shares. This computer is 5 years old and i dont want to spend much in outdated config.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
get gt 1030 new for 6.5k, or gt 710 for 2.8k
will it be better to invest 6.5 to 7k in new card rather than 9-10k for better options like used RX 570 of GTX 750Ti ?
Kindly mention the BRAND too, as i am unaware of performance/reliability/after sales service/previous records & history of any graphics card. I am newbie to graphics card, always used iGPU.
My PSU mentioned in my config, will be able to handle any graphics card ?
Also, Please mention the PCIe slot where my new graphics card goes. I heard somewhere that Ultra M.2 NVME SSD affects performance of Graphics Card because it shares PCIe lanes.

quicky008

Technomancer
If you want gpu for running excel, photoshop etc then gt 710 would be enough.

Not sure about the bandwidth sharing issue with pci lanes but i don't think it would affect gpu performance too much, if at all.

As you don't plan on playing games, spending over 7k on new gpu would be a total waste.

And to install the gpu, you need to use the pcie x16 slot of the mobo.

How was your pc affected by thunderstorm? Do you use an ups with your pc?

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
If you want gpu for running excel, photoshop etc then gt 710 would be enough.

Not sure about the bandwidth sharing issue with pci lanes but i don't think it would affect gpu performance too much, if at all.

As you don't plan on playing games, spending over 7k on new gpu would be a total waste.

And to install the gpu, you need to use the pcie x16 slot of the mobo.

How was your pc affected by thunderstorm? Do you use an ups with your pc?
Ok, will look for GT710, Please suggest brand as i have no idea about any brand.
A flash like thing happened in my house and router monitor gone. I am living in ahmedabad, which has 24 hours electricity since my childhood. NO UPS required, but after thunderstorm i feel like having surge protector installed.

quicky008

Technomancer
For nvidia gpus, zotac is preferable as they provide 2+3 years warranty(3 years more once you register the gpu after purchase within 28 days).

If zotac unavailable, then go for asus or gigabyte.

Installing a surge protector won't be enough, you will also need a decent ups for proper protection.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
For nvidia gpus, zotac is preferable as they provide 2+3 years warranty(3 years more once you register the gpu after purchase within 28 days).

If zotac unavailable, then go for asus or gigabyte.

Installing a surge protector won't be enough, you will also need a decent ups for proper protection.
Thanks for info. One last thing. I found 2 GT 710 around 3.5k
1. ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR3 Zone Edition Graphics Card with GeForce Experience @ 3.4k
2. Asus GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5 HDMI VGA DVI Graphics Card Graphic Cards GT710-SL-2GD5-CSM @3.6k

Which one is better, Asus has GDDR5 but ZOTAC has 5 years warranty. I read somewhere, DDR5 is better, what do you suggest.

Top Bottom