Does internet runs slower in mobile devices?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
This forum site takes more time to load on Safari (ios 7,iphone4,wifi), chrome(kitkat,nexus7, wifi) than firefox (win7 desktop,wired)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I don't think so. Anyways you should use Tapatalk for accessing forums. It's much more convenient and can save all credentials of other forums you may be a part off.
*itunes.apple.com/in/app/tapatalk/id307880732?mt=8

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I don't think so. Anyways you should use Tapatalk for accessing forums. It's much more convenient and can save all credentials of other forums you may be a part off.
*itunes.apple.com/in/app/tapatalk/id307880732?mt=8

Well I am a tapatalk user since long but there seem to be some problem with Digit. An error message pops up , this is noticed even in the feedback threads here.

- - - Updated - - -

It's become a challenge to view this forum on Safari. The ads take up all the space , especially the left-right ones when u tap to type something. I know revenue comes from Ads.
When I open the forum on iPhone 4( iOS 7, Safari) & Desktop (Win7 Pro, Firefox) the desktop site opens but when I open it on Nexus (KitKat, Chrome) & Dell Inspiron (Win7 Pro,Chrome) the mobile skin opens.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Yeah, it seems Tapatalk still hasn't been fixed. It's still showing the same error. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I don't think anything can be done with ads although if you select the "TDF v6.5" theme after logging in there won't be ads.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Are you saying todays phones are not powerful than yesteryears or that high end phones are not powerful than low end ones ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
This forum site takes more time to load on Safari (ios 7,iphone4,wifi), chrome(kitkat,nexus7, wifi) than firefox (win7 desktop,wired)

its just poor optimisation for mobile devices, the TD news part of the site is well optimised,TDF is buggy for me

avj

Broken In
well iphone 4 is a really old product so it is definitely not as powerful as current phones. And just because a product has a high price tag doesnt mean it is powerful, great example would be apple products which offers most pathetic performance at every price point.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, in uTorrent mobile I had received 10MBps(that's 80mbps) on my G2, so I'd say its not the factor, although at that kind of speeds the battery runs dry within hours.

ankush28

Bazinga
Browsing can be slow because of slow rendering depending on your GPU and CPU. Internet speed should be as fast as your desktop :)

Both Opera Mini and Opera Mobile are garbage with faster internet connection. Use Chrome Beta(Fastest browser on my Moto G). I've tried almost all browsers - chrome, chrome beta, opera mini, opera mobile, dolphin, next, firefox......list goes on.

On my laptop too I find Chrome loads webpages much faster than Firefox.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
well iphone 4 is a really old product so it is definitely not as powerful as current phones. And just because a product has a high price tag doesnt mean it is powerful, great example would be apple products which offers most pathetic performance at every price point.
I'm finding that digit forum only is making Safari crash. Other sites dont seem to have this problem. I switched to 6.5 as suggested by theserpent and now the mobile skin is opening in safari but its very sticky n not smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Its notorious for taking huge memory resulting in freezing of older computers.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

^^not true at all
while they are priced higher , an A5 beats nearly every quad core even if its a dual core with 512mb ram
the iphone 4's A4 is much more powerful than most dual cores
i dont think youve owned an apple product,otherwise you wouldnt have said such statements
i own an ipad 2 which loads pages faster than my quad core android tablet,despite it being newer,dont make vague statements
its really laughable when people compare stuff based on no of core,megapixels etc

- - - Updated - - -

Browsing can be slow because of slow rendering depending on your GPU and CPU. Internet speed should be as fast as your desktop :)

Both Opera Mini and Opera Mobile are garbage with faster internet connection. Use Chrome Beta(Fastest browser on my Moto G). I've tried almost all browsers - chrome, chrome beta, opera mini, opera mobile, dolphin, next, firefox......list goes on.

I'm finding that digit forum only is making Safari crash. Other sites dont seem to have this problem. I switched to 6.5 as suggested by theserpent and now the mobile skin is opening in safari but its very sticky n not smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Its notorious for taking huge memory resulting in freezing of older computers.

^^ true dat optimisation is key
people actually think its hardware stuff but its not always

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in uTorrent mobile I had received 10MBps(that's 80mbps) on my G2, so I'd say its not the factor, although at that kind of speeds the battery runs dry within hours.

while thats true,the actual reason for ops problem is poorly optimised web pages which when viewed on a mobile device,isnt fully functional etc

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
One of the main reason tdf has issues with loading is the ads,
Use some browser with ad blockng you will be good to go
Im currently using Opera mini and UCbrowser and chrome for the occasional sites tat causes problem in UC , opera mini is a decent browser if you are looking to read content only ,it has an awesome feeds option built in,which helps me save loads of bandwidth and the pages load quickly too ,I'm yet to see a good feed system as integrated as in opera mini
I have began to like UCbrowser, coz it has an adblock built in,tdf loads like a breeze ,partly I believe they are also using some data compression
I'm not sure ,which all browsers are there in IOS but if you have firefox it also has the adblock plus add on, quite useful

Yeah for tdf I use UC,the mobile skin can be changed if you are able to switch the user agent to desktop

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
One of the main reason tdf has issues with loading is the ads,
Use some browser with ad blockng you will be good to go
Im currently using Opera mini and UCbrowser and chrome for the occasional sites tat causes problem in UC , opera mini is a decent browser if you are looking to read content only ,it has an awesome feeds option built in,which helps me save loads of bandwidth and the pages load quickly too ,I'm yet to see a good feed system as integrated as in opera mini
I have began to like UCbrowser, coz it has an adblock built in,tdf loads like a breeze ,partly I believe they are also using some data compression
I'm not sure ,which all browsers are there in IOS but if you have firefox it also has the adblock plus add on, quite useful

Yeah for tdf I use UC,the mobile skin can be changed if you are able to switch the user agent to desktop

^^yep an adblocker also helps but its still sluggish more usable with adblock though

Top Bottom