Dell Studio 15 or Lenovo G550 - 2958H2Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameervijaykar

Right off the assembly line
I want to purchase a new notebook and am confused as whether to go for Dell Studio 15 or Lenovo G550 - 2958H2Q. Both the notebooks have very similar configs but the price difference is around Rs. 3ooo. The differences are as follows:

RAM: Dell - DDR2 Lenovo - DDR3
Graphics Card: Dell - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Lenovo - NVIDIA GeForce G 210M

The Nvidia card has 40nm fabrication while it is 55nm for the ATI card. While the former is supposed to be better, the numbers I've seen on some benchmarks suggest that the ATI card performs marginally better.

Apart from these, there seems to be nothing different in the two notebooks. Even looks and weight wise, both score around the same. My line of thought is that I can go for a more comprehensive on-site 3 years warranty with the money I save with the Lenovo.

I plan to use the notebook mainly for media related activities and some gaming. Any thoughts on the topic? If anyone has had experience with both the above models, I will be glad to hear a comparative review of the two. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom