Dell Laptop Kaise Kharide?? What abt softwares??

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys,
I am on the look out 4 a good laptop and I liked the Dell Inspiron 1525. There r certain issues though which need 2 be sorted out first:
1. What is the procedure 2 order the lappy and what is the delivery time?

2. The laptop comes installed with Vista Home Premium on customisation. But do they provide the original Vista DVD along with the laptop? If Vista gets corrupt at any stage in future, how will I install it again if I don't have the OS DVD?

3. I have heard that you cannot install pirated Vista OS on Dell... Is this true?? So if no DVD is shipped and Vista gets corrupt in future then what happens????

4. I got an Acer 5120 Laptop for my bro recently. In the specifications it was mentioned -OS : Windows Vista.. But my vendor did not supply any Vista DVD.. Infact he did not even install an original Windows Vista.. He installed a pirated one on the laptop and gave the lappy 2 me..Was he supposed 2 install original OS/give original OS DVD???

I know itz a long post...But will really appreciate ur help Buddies....

Pankaj

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1. What is the procedure 2 order the lappy and what is the delivery time?
online oreder and delivery is 15 days after payment
2. The laptop comes installed with Vista Home Premium on customisation. But do they provide the original Vista DVD along with the laptop? If Vista gets corrupt at any stage in future, how will I install it again if I don't have the OS DVD?
u dont get original dvd, what u will get is the repair disc & a backup to restore ur machne would be made on a separate drive, incase something goes wrong u restore ur machine to the backup
3. I have heard that you cannot install pirated Vista OS on Dell... Is this true?? So if no DVD is shipped and Vista gets corrupt in future then what happens????
same as above
4. I got an Acer 5120 Laptop for my bro recently. In the specifications it was mentioned -OS : Windows Vista.. But my vendor did not supply any Vista DVD.. Infact he did not even install an original Windows Vista.. He installed a pirated one on the laptop and gave the lappy 2 me..Was he supposed 2 install original OS/give original OS DVD???
u will not get the original dvd but he ripped if he did not give u a pre-installed copy of vista

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@imav and op - You do get original disc with Dell Laptops. Atleast I got.. Vista Home premium English and Hindi. Dell laptopsdoesn't come with crapware like most other laptops.. you get all the driver cds, vista dvds, media direct and some player (name forgot)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Yes I can confirm. My neighbor got original DVD of Vista Home premium and Works 8.5. The Vista DVD comes with OEM branding. If you are thinking of installing Vista on another PC using the same disc, it might work but the DELL OEM branding would come too. Not to mention that it is illegal even if you uninstall Vista from the laptop you buy.

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
kumarmohit, r u sure that the vista DVD is supplied. Please confirm 4m ur neighbour... Because when I click upon the View Full Details (of Order) after customisation on the Dell website, it does not mention that the DVD will be bundled...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom