deleting ctfmon.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsunny

Journeyman
Is there is any risk deleting ctfmon.exe ?..whts its effect

As given in Vishal gupta's tutorial:
Open Control Panel and goto Add/Remove Programs list. Now click on the Microsoft Office entry and then click on "Change" button. Now select "Add/Remove Features" and click on "Next". Now expand "Office Shared Features" and click on "Alternative User Input" and then select "Not Available" and finally click on Update. It'll permanently remove that ctfmon.exe and your problem will be solved.

i am using Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 & i can't find further options after "Office Shared Features"...How to delete it?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
slugger your link works only upto Office 2003. With office 2007, ctfmon.exe becomes more associated with language settings on XP. Try juggling with your Regional and language Settings in Control panel. It can be removed from there. Don't remember how I managed to remove it from my PC.

lalam

In the zone
Why should u remove it anyway in the first place if its associated with the application? I'm confuse so please tell me no i'm no way putting on an attitude here

slugger

Banned
@ialam

d proggy is associated with alternate user input (speech recog, handwriting recog etc) and MS Office Language bar

if u dont make any use of thes feature den it is of no use 2 u ;)

@NJS
ooopps!!!!
dint know dat
not used Office 2k7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom