D.I.Y Laptop Is HeRe(not really I need help)

P

Prashmith

HELLO,Coming straight to topic! My school has an I.T club and we had to make a project,I and my group has summed up on idea of assembling a Laptop (OUT OF Desktop Parts) dont ask how it went into my brain LoL

I have decided to use alluminium/wood To carve out a case Use a micro tax Mobo,Nvidia gtx650ti boost,An old HP monitor,and a bunch of other stuff to make it possible so far I have finalised the case and components,I just have 3 quiries

1)any option to connect gpu horizontally,Its too long And broad ,Can I Strip off its outer cover and sand it down somehow?i heard about PCI-e Riser cable Can anyone explaine a line about them?

2)And small PSU Power supply unit It needs to be Slim and light,

4)Small cpu cooler?

5)Motherboard with Integrated PSU?my old HP desktop Has one.

Plans are to make it by next 2-3 weeks Before December.

And Last Any WATER COOLING expert here Can you please give a little rundown or tell Me what components are used for it?

I will post pics as i complete it I dont plan to put a touchpad in the pc rather a gaming mouse Holder or a controller stand type of thing

Basically our plan is to make a Robust,FAST,Windows Powered Laptop

We could have taken a easy route using Raspberry Pi,Andro Pi but Then "Power Wouldn't have been there"

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
FYI, you can do this using traditional laptop components.

You just need a HM87 based laptop barebone(eg. Clevo P150SM)
Buy a processor like core i7 4700MQ, a GPU-GTX 970m, RAM chips and a HDD.
This will be expensive however.

Now coming to your original project:
1)You can choose to connect the GPU as an external module(see concept of Alienware 13).
2)I don't think you can make a water cooled setup mobile.

- - - Updated - - -

More info about barebone:??Clevo

Top Bottom