Cost-effective data storage needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
In my office, we have about 15 to 20 computers running Win 9x/XP mostly. A lot of redundant data lies around as we upgrade and shift around the systems among the various staff... Hence, I want to have a solution by which I can centralize the data. My requirements are as follows.

1. It should be cost effective.
2. It should have data redundancy like using RAID or some similar technology
3. It should have zero-maintenance time... Even if I use two hard disks in RAID to backup data, if both are on same system, the failure of motherboard/CPU/RAM can immediately cause unavailability of the data to the staff... So, such problems should be eliminated... In my locality service staff can take more than 1 or 2 days...
4. If there is OS involved, it should support a large number of TCP/IP connections (In my systems with XP Home, I often have the problem of not being able to connect more than 5 systems simultaneously)
5. The system will be isolated from the Internet and CDs/Pendrives, hence virus will be of less importance. But OS should preferably be Windows based since Linux literacy among service staff is very less here... (They dont even carry Linux Live CD/DVD while going for servicing even though I have suggested to them a few times)

Please give your suggestions...

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom