Corsair TXM psu RMA

quicky008

Technomancer
I have a TXM 750 psu by corsair thats been malfunctioning lately (causing random system restarts,bootloops etc).
I wanted to submit it for RMA and contacted their service center-while i was speaking to their representative on the phone,he mentioned that TXM series of power supplies have been discontinued by Corsair.

Is it really so that these power supplies are no longer in production? if yes,then how will they replace my existing PSU? I dont want to accept a lower tier PSU as a replacement if they offer it under the pretext that the exact model that i have is no longer available( such as a CV/CX series psus rated at 80 plus bronze,whereas the txm is 80+ gold )

Can anyone confirm if what the service center guy is true or not (ie non-availability of the TXM line) and suggest what should i do if they offer some generic bronze rated psu as its replacement?

chetansha

In the zone
Next option they will give you is a credit note, which can be used while buying new psu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Sadly Corsair has been known for offering 50% refund or a bit lower model PSU as a replacement. IMO consumer court case should rule in your favour for full refund or higher-end model as replacement, but for most its not worth their time. It might be worth it to threaten them with consumer court in case their offer is unfair. See what they offer first though & take your call.

If you bought that PSU for 8k, IMO take 4k & add another 2-3k for XPG 750W Gold PSU.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I bought that psu for 11k almost from amazon during the lockdown period in 2020. Despite being sparingly used, it went bad within about 2 years, which is really disappointing for such an expensive psu.

I went to their service centre today and was told that this model has most likely been discontinued, but they will still send it through and let me know if they can provide a replacement. However in case of its unavailability, they will provide some alternative psu instead.

Ideally they should provide an equivalent gold rated psu if txm isn't available. But if they provide something like a cx series 750w psu, would that be acceptable? Are these cx series psus any good?

Also my txm psu had 7 years warranty, if it were to be replaced with a lower tier model with a lesser warranty period, will the remaining warranty of my txm psu(around 4-5 yrs) still be in effect? Or would that be changed to a shorter term to match the reduced warranty of the lower end model?

Last edited:
I bought that psu for 11k almost from amazon during the lockdown period in 2020. Despite being sparingly used, it went bad within about 2 years, which is really disappointing for such an expensive psu.

I went to their service centre today and was told that this model has most likely been discontinued, but they will still send it through and let me know if they can provide a replacement. However if in case of its unavailability, they will provide some alternative psu instead.

Ideally they should provide an equivalent gold rated psu if txm isn't available. But if they provide something like a cx series 750w psu, would that be acceptable? Are these cx series psus any good?

Also my txm psu had 7 years warranty, if it were to be replaced with a lower tier model with a lesser warranty period, will the remaining warranty of my txm psu(around 4-5 yrs) still be in effect? Or would that be changed to a shorter term to match the reduced warranty of the lower end model?
CX is inferior, don't accept it. Nothing similar to the TX series in India now, RM series is above TX & that should be your replacement ideally. RM850 costs 10k now.

For the remaining warranty period, get it clarified from the service centre and online from Corsair.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Today they called me to say that since tx series is out of stock,they will provide a RM 750e as replacement.Seeing as i don't have much of a choice here,i have decided to accept it.

It seems that RM 750e is an inferior variant of RM comprising of chinese caps instead of Japanese.So will this be a reliable unit?

Today they called me to say that since tx series is out of stock,they will provide a RM 750e as replacement.Seeing as i don't have much of a choice here,i have decided to accept it.

It seems that RM 750e is an inferior variant of RM comprising of chinese caps instead of Japanese.So will this be a reliable unit?
cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Still a Tier A PSU, so just get it eyes closed. As good of a deal as you can get.

Top Bottom